Check engine light

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for some possible problems when the check engine light comes on, have been chasing this all season. Really haven't given it much attention as the thing still pulls like a mofo but last ride out it was on steady. No real performance loss just that its on at idle all he way to 7000rpm. The code it throws on the dash is "check engine". Thinking it is a rave valve module but could be wrong.

Redbaronjg

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem with mine right now too. Light started by coming on every time I hit powerband but still pulled hard, then it came on and stayed on, still pulling good, then on the trail up didn't seem to sound quite right at 8000, and lost a couple hundred rpm, then couldn't clear 7500 rpm, and didn't sound healthy at that. This pretty much the same thing that happened with yours? I have just got the sled home so haven't had any time to investigate. Also, I had a temp light couple times on trail, this ever happen to you? I just put in a better thermostat so was thinking it was just a part of the code or glitch. Mine started and digressed all within 3.5 days

bclinehand

Reaction score
Had the same problem on my 08 800......turned out to be a bad relay from the rave valves

Redbaronjg

Reaction score
Turns out I'm having the exact same problem as redbaronjg , we're you able to figure it out ?
Haven't had time to look into it yet, works been busy since I've been back. Once I get time it's gonna go in to get codes read and cleared, hoping that puts me in the right direction, then bring it back and tear er down and figure it out. I'll keep ya posted. If you get yours figured out before me let me know what you find.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem on my 08 800......turned out to be a bad relay from the rave valves

Are you talking about the solenoid?

for mine I just a little silicone under the deto sensor to calm it down. 08 I guess we're known for really sensitive deto sensors.

Top Bottom