cheap and easy power?

dragn

Reaction score
hey so im pretty sure this is on here some where but couldnt find it. I own a 2013 skidoo summit 800 etec. and I was wondering what were some simple and cheap upgrades that would help with power or drop weight or to gain better performace. everything is stock on thw unit except for the can

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not much to be had in terms of power or weight for really cheap and easy on the new sleds. Full exhaust and programmer is about the easiest for power, otherwise you are into a head and big bore, which won't be cheap. Weight is the same deal - nit pick the sled to death and save as much as you can (reflectors, taillight, even the headlights if you don't ride at night), but no real significant savings in one area over another. A new seat is the next option, and then the skid after that (skid won't be cheap though) and the stock stuff works pretty well.

Biggest thing with the new sleds is figure out how to keep the weight off when riding (i.e. sticking snow and turning into ice). The new sleds pack on up to 25 lbs of it when riding, if you can figure out ways to keep the snow from sticking and turning to ice, you will have the performance advantage overall and generally this will be sprung weight (weight above the springs) so it will keep the sled responsive and light.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As to what Modman was saying, on the 2013 Doos, put some pre-filter on that gaping mouth to prevent the snow from packing in your hood and turning to ice (that main vent on the Doo is big, low and front facing, so anything over bumper height is packing snow in your hood). Did this on my Pro last year, and it made such a huge difference (the pro is bad, because all of the vents are front facing).

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No cheap power on the XM, only real options are big bore or turbo. Most of the pipes drop weight but really only move the powerband around; they don't add much. Can is the biggest bang for buck weightloss, the next is the diamond S mesh hood, after that I'd say full pipe setup or titanium A-arms.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
weight savings for me....

L12009273a.jpg

dragn

Reaction score
lol yes I gueas the tread mill is true and thanks guys for answering quickly. another question I knkw the 2013 and 2014 are basiclly the same thing but I no each year something small changes and a friend of mine has a 2014 and wantes to nonif there was anything for them that the 13 doesn't

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on how often you want more power.....nitrous systems are still pretty cheap bang for the buck, albeit momentary power. Not what I'd do to mine, but I've seen some systems that worked pretty well.

Edit: Come to think of it though.....not sure you could even do that on an Etec?????????

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can and a head. Done............

Top Bottom