Chappell

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need some advice, herd that chappel is a safe and easy ride, can someone verify, iv ridden in vailmount and McBride, but I'm taking a buddy of mine and this will be his first time in the mountains, need to break him in easyLOL, his riding skills are basically a newbie period. His ride is a 09 146 xp with beacon,shovel, probe, no av training, iv been on the trail to chappel but turned around do to snow conditions and willows on the trail.Any advice would help.:beer:

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chappel is an excellent choice for a first ride in the mountains. A bit long to get there [28k] but you will find fresh snow and not a lot of people.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chappell is a great ride. The last 1.5km has a decent elevation gain similar to allan creek, but once groomed its easily managed by all levels.

We took care of the willows this fall:d The trail is awesome !

The front meadows are a great place for a rider to learn. 90% of the time there is tonnes of snow and there is no way to harm yourself or sled. The terrain is at a very slight slope to your left going into the first meadows, so it also gives a bit of a place to practice driving of camber if they choose.

contact me anytime with questions

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok booking trip, be there Dec 10th and through the week end, thanks

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 11th is a friday, Chappell is groomed on Thursday evenings so that works out very well for you.

The Host Team is also in Chappell on Fridays. Look for us and we can lend a hand/advice if need be, we are the two brightest orange guys on the mountain, cant miss us.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont be fooled tho theres still land mines at chappel,just be attentive and careful... i gots beef with that mountain! lol, wrote my sled off there last year, and it was an extremely unassuming spot.

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 11th is a friday, Chappell is groomed on Thursday evenings so that works out very well for you.

The Host Team is also in Chappell on Fridays. Look for us and we can lend a hand/advice if need be, we are the two brightest orange guys on the mountain, cant miss us.

We are coming Dec. 4/09, do you think the trail into Chappel will be groomed at this time?

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chappell is great because as said earlier not allot of people go there. Conditions are usually great there, been there with awesome powder.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you can find them usually close to the trees not moving to fast or stuck lol jk!!!!:beer::beer: just posting this so they know what the brightest orange guys look like on the hill:p:p

P.S. Chappell IS SICK thats on the main trail in too where that pic was taken

Picture004.jpg

sac21

Reaction score
Need some advice, herd that chappel is a safe and easy ride, can someone verify, iv ridden in vailmount and McBride, but I'm taking a buddy of mine and this will be his first time in the mountains, need to break him in easyLOL, his riding skills are basically a newbie period. His ride is a 09 146 xp with beacon,shovel, probe, no av training, iv been on the trail to chappel but turned around do to snow conditions and willows on the trail.Any advice would help.:beer:

chappell is pretty easy ride untill just before the alpine there is some tree riding a little hairy if it isent groomed

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chappel is great. My very first day riding the mountains was in Chappel back in 93................gawd that was long time ago. I was riding an 86 600 Indy with a 670 rotax(they had just come out) and the stock 121 - 1/2" triangle lug track! Needless to say I was stuck all day as it was dec. There was a guy in there with a huge track! it was a 136 x 2" lug, LOL.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it snows 2+ feet overnight you could be spending a couple hours on that last 2km breaking trail 'up', and by up i mean almost a wall.
It could be fun if you like breaking trail. Me though i prefer to just get in there and ride.
Maybe get up a little later in the morning if its forecasted to dump and if your not into breaking trail (your buddys got a 146" track right?) let someone else break it in for you and just follow their tracks up. :d

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont forget to stay clear of the caribou area, if you get caught I think it is a minimum of $250.00 fine , maybe more now.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sledded there last year for the first time. Not a real experienced rider, but I do know how to sidehill a bit and boondock. I loved it there, some great meadows to play in and some hill climbs that a semi-experienced rider can do. Also the scenery was amazing. I'm hoping to go back this season if I can arrange it. The trail was a bit long, but I didn't really mind it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sledded there last year for the first time. Not a real experienced rider, but I do know how to sidehill a bit and boondock. I loved it there, some great meadows to play in and some hill climbs that a semi-experienced rider can do. Also the scenery was amazing. I'm hoping to go back this season if I can arrange it. The trail was a bit long, but I didn't really mind it.

its alot longer when ur hauling a sled behind you too lol

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwell that wouldn't be your sled on the rope?

Top Bottom