Changes from 13 to 14

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I put a TKI belt drive on my new 14 and I put the 14 stock belt on my 13. What I noticed first of all is the top sprocket bolt is now longer on the 14. Secondly the bottom sprocket has an updated part number but it looks exactly the same as the 13. When I put it on the drive shaft splines it seemed to fit tighter that the 13 sprocket so either it is tighter tolerance or the 13 splined area is worn. The belt also has a new part number but everybody knows that. This kit changes the gearing from 2.09:1 to 2.25:1

Attachments

• Belt drive Polaris.jpg
    Belt drive Polaris.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is better for several reasons, first the tensioner keeps the tension even when the belt slightly stretches over time, secondly, you can see how much contact the top sprocket gets with the belt, way more than stock, next the belt is proven on turbo Yamahas, also the option for all kinds of gearing and finally spare belts are less than half the cost of stock. Oh yah it is also very cool. Ken I have a kit in stock for your Doo too. It is super nice with carbon fiber cover and adjuster. No mods to stock part eithers. Interested?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is better for several reasons, first the tensioner keeps the tension even when the belt slightly stretches over time, secondly, you can see how much contact the top sprocket gets with the belt, way more than stock, next the belt is proven on turbo Yamahas, also the option for all kinds of gearing and finally spare belts are less than half the cost of stock. Oh yah it is also very cool. Ken I have a kit in stock for your Doo too. It is super nice with carbon fiber cover and adjuster. No mods to stock part eithers. Interested?
How much?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kit for the Doo is $899, and the Polaris is $799. The Doo has more pieces and carbon fiber stuff and a speed sensor included. All the sprockets are hard anodized black in the kits. The carbon fiber half cover isn't shown in this picture either.

Attachments

• Ski-doo dynodrive.jpg
    Ski-doo dynodrive.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 281

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they proven for reliability? Just haven't heard of that brand before. Any mods to make them fit?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the first year the kit is available for sale but it was tested all last season and the very first kit was several years ago on a Turbo Yamaha. There are no mods to stock parts at all. Gearing from near 2.0:1 up to 2.5:1 but TKI has found best option (acceleration and track speed) for the E-Tech 163 Doo is 2.42:1 so this is what I am stocking.

Top Bottom