Changes coming to the xgames?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just caught a part of the article on sportcentre tonite, but it sounds like the airial competition(jumps/backflips etc) at xgames for snowmobiles and motorbikes will be deleted? Anyone hear this too, or did i hear it wrong?

Ballard

Reaction score
Just caught a part of the article on sportcentre tonite, but it sounds like the airial competition(jumps/backflips etc) at xgames for snowmobiles and motorbikes will be deleted? Anyone hear this too, or did i hear it wrong?

DENVER—The X Games will no longer feature snowmobile or Moto X best trick competitions.

ESPN, which sanctions and televises the X Games, announced the cancellations on Tuesday. They still plans to hold other snowmobile events at Winter X, along with motorcycle competitions at Summer X.

In a statement, ESPN said it will focus on sports disciplines that feature “athletes who also compete in multiple, world-class competitions.”

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like both snowmobile best trick and moto best trick have been removed from x games.. Pretty sad to see because that was one way for riders to create new tricks and progress the sport. Caleb Moore's death had an impact on this issue which in my opinion all the athletes know the risk they take each time they ride and rely on doing shows/completions as part of their job, and also because its something they love to do.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after seeing Caleb Moore's death on live tv there was writing on the wall that this was going to happen, what these guys are doing is extreme and will happen again, that we know... espn does not want no association or relationship with that.... who would

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been wondering for a while when this was gong to happen. Some of the Moto X and Sled X guys have had some horrific crashes over the years and it was just a matter of time before someone was killed.

Having said that I will miss watching the insanity, those guys went huge!

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jeremy lusk died 4 or so years ago in the mx freestyle,,its probably more to do with insurance coverage..

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People have died from skateboarding, bmx and 2 years that female snowboarder passed away after head trauma and x games never cancelled those events.. Extreme sports come with extreme injuries, all the athletes are very aware of this. Hopefully they don't decide to get rid of the snowmobile freestyle event at x games, with it being a fairly new sport canceling it will do no good for it or the riders.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i never heard of any sk8t boarders or bmx guys dieing at x games,,but ur right sarah burke did training for half pipe..big air =big crash...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If wasnt for the chance to get famous at the X games and Gravity Games no one would be trying backflip varations and double backflips ext...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That monster energy crap will do more damage than any big air ...

No kidding for once Willy is right. That chit is worse for you than smoking. IMO. What it does to your heart is crazy that chit will kill more people than crashes at the x games ever will.
Worst part of it is that probly 50%+ kids under 15 are addicted to that chit already. Should be a controlled product like smokes or alcohol. Seen a few guys now nearly die from that chit. And it still get promoted by these events. Sad

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes because we lived in a bubble before they started the best trick competition right?

What did u get from my post. I meant a bubble. Sterile world. Place without risks or any danger. After they law the ch!t out of us we will be in a bubble. No 16oz pops. No swearing. Germ free. Ect.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm all for best trick but they have to prove they are of the best caliber and maybe get licensed from within like NHRA.when that ausi guy came out on his sled with about 4 hrs oh experience and crashed twice with his sled flying into the audience too me that was plain stupid and hurt the sport.RIP Caleb.

Top Bottom