changed my track and my drive coggs dont line up right. any help?

nick.shuffs

Reaction score
2006 summit ho. 163 track.

My old track was chewed up and picked up a 163 track 2009 xp track from a buddy, when i installed it last night ony 2006 everything fit except the spacing for the cogg holes are slightly longer and the track well start to bind up in me.

So can i just change the coggs out for the proper spacing ones.

The track that was on the rev before was a camoplast 163 non vented
the new track is also a camoplast but its vented and from a 2009.

Any advice here would be appreicated thx?

Nick

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your saying the track pitch doesn't match the drivers? Some of the skidoo guys should chime in here and tell you which pitch came on each year. Are you sure your sled had a 163 or was it 162? If you went from one to the other the pitch would have to be different

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't be the same pitch if its not working. Track pitch on the 2006 was 2.52 and on the 2009 163" its 2.86. If you still have the stock drivers then it can't be a 163" track. All 163" tracks were a 2.86" pitch. Are you sure its not a 162" track? If its a 163", then it should match up, the drivers should have already been swapped.

Find the 4 digit number on the track somewhere, it will start with a 9_ _ _ and end with an "M". Post it and we can tell you what track it is.

nick.shuffs

Reaction score
Ok awesome. Well im wondering it was a 162 because i did have to have add a 9inch big wheel kit to gain enough tentsion. This sled is new to me and it has a bunch of mods done to ot before i owned it. It was a 159 the guy told me it was 163 but he must be wrong. Im thinking you guys are right about 162. Ill find the numbers and all i should need is 2.86 pitch?

I noticed on my buddys 2009 the driver shaft was different do they make drivers 2.86 pitch that would fit my 2006 pitch?

Thanks for the fast response this is my first post on the site. Right on

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok awesome. Well im wondering it was a 162 because i did have to have add a 9inch big wheel kit to gain enough tentsion. This sled is new to me and it has a bunch of mods done to ot before i owned it. It was a 159 the guy told me it was 163 but he must be wrong. Im thinking you guys are right about 162. Ill find the numbers and all i should need is 2.86 pitch?

I noticed on my buddys 2009 the driver shaft was different do they make drivers 2.86 pitch that would fit my 2006 pitch?

Thanks for the fast response this is my first post on the site. Right on

Yes you will need new drivers - link -

You need the shaft size on the 2006 and then count your existing teeth on your drivers and make sure you have enough clearance. Not sure what fits on the 06, probably a 7 or 8 tooth is all you'll be able to fit. ? I would order an offset axle while you are at it, then you won't need to go with bigger rear wheels to get your track tension back.

Anyway, you'll have to get the old drivers pressed off and the new ones pressed on at a dealership (unless you have a press, then you gotta make sure you get the right measurements for alignment).

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sell the track and buy the rite one I'm sure will b cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using

dodgeram18

Reaction score
x2 on that Nick. Just sell the track and get the right one for the swap. Then head west to ride Shuswap style bud.

nick.shuffs

Reaction score
Yes you will need new drivers - link -

You need the shaft size on the 2006 and then count your existing teeth on your drivers and make sure you have enough clearance. Not sure what fits on the 06, probably a 7 or 8 tooth is all you'll be able to fit. ? I would order an offset axle while you are at it, then you won't need to go with bigger rear wheels to get your track tension back.

Anyway, you'll have to get the old drivers pressed off and the new ones pressed on at a dealership (unless you have a press, then you gotta make sure you get the right measurements for alignment).

mod man. do you know the shaft size of the 2006. i belive its 1 1/2inches and the 2009 went to 3 inch. im just having a hard time finding 2009 drivers that would fit on my shaft size.
thx

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can buy drivers from Avid that are 2.86 pitch drivers that will fit on your stock rev drive shaft. I did this to my old rev when I put a 163" skid from a XP into it and track

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mod man. do you know the shaft size of the 2006. i belive its 1 1/2inches and the 2009 went to 3 inch. im just having a hard time finding 2009 drivers that would fit on my shaft size.
thx

Use the link in my post on page 1 (the one you quoted). The link for "Ski Doo" takes you to the avid site directly. Call Robbie at Avid, he will be able to tell you what size it is and he makes the right drivers to fit. or try Wahl bros racing, google it, they make drivers too that will fit your sled. Used them on all of my other sleds, no issues. Sorry, I don't know anyone with a 2006 Rev chassis close hat I could go measure and dont know off the top of my head.

Top Bottom