Change a dually to fleet side ???

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I know this may bother a few people but I don't really care lol just wondering I have a 2010 dodge maga cab dually and was wondering how hard or is it even possible to Change it over to a fleet side ? Do I have to change the diffs ? Or just axles ? Did anyone out there ever do this ? Reason why I'm asking is that if I were to go trade my truck for a fleet side I would lose to much and I got a lot of stuff done to this truck so not really worth giving up . Just looking for ideas don't really need no stupid answers from certain people that come on here just to stur up chit thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure but probably new rims with proper offset and a new box maybe need fender flares.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does the '10 dually have the little flares that can be removed or are they a part of the box? other than that issue, shorter studs for the single wheel and bob's your uncle.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd find the rear diff width and front track width from a gm dealer, then figure if they are the same as a srw, if not its a crazy thought....Then you have to figure out rims/tires. Whew sounds expensive when duals hold a premium in the resale market. Obviously have to consider a box swap, or a flat deck. Competition in Stony should be able to help.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd find the rear diff width and front track width from a gm dealer, then figure if they are the same as a srw, if not its a crazy thought....Then you have to figure out rims/tires. Whew sounds expensive when duals hold a premium in the resale market. Obviously have to consider a box swap, or a flat deck. Competition in Stony should be able to help.

Lol. He said dodge.

A gm dealer.

I think u just have to take the dumb little dulley tub off and its a fleetside.

from my HTC

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. He said dodge.

A gm dealer.

I think u just have to take the dumb little dulley tub off and its a fleetside.

from my HTC

Soooo You said I think....... do you know? Cause it sucks to get into a deal like this without a few phone calls and measurements. Anyways Jake good luck with your project.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooo You said I think....... do you know? Cause it sucks to get into a deal like this without a few phone calls and measurements. Anyways Jake good luck with your project.

Well he stated a dodge mega cab.

A gm dealer is going to laugh at him if he calls about the dulley tub.

U told him to call a gm dealer.

:thumbup:

from my HTC

JBDoo

Reaction score
Post a kijiji ad with the year and color of your truck. Explain what you want to do. You might find someone that want to go the other route. I'm pretty sure the dually diff is a different width, so you need a single rear wheel diff. You may get lucky. You may also find someone who has a fleet side box for sale that has put a flat deck on. You never know. You may also get 400 replies from retards....you takes your chances :)

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
If you gotta change rear ends.and I am not sure if you do Make sure she's the same gear ratio
Assuming its a 4x4 ..

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rear diff is wider. Frt is too. You prob could lose the spacer hub on frt. I just can't remember that hub set up.
2009 you could just take the flare off the box and you have a fleet side. 2010 I think your box is all one piece right?
Take some pics and measurements

Last edited:

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't see the diffs being wider. They should only be wider on the hubs.

Obviously front and rear wheels plus box.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Front diff just has a dually spacer pull it off and bolt on regular wheels. Rear is tougher you either need to swap boxes or box sides and a fleetside diff because duallies have a wide diff. I would just sell it and buy what you want.

Top Bottom