Champix

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this drug was never designed for quit smoking anyway... it was designed as an antidepressent, as well as any pill you take for quit smoking... thats why you have vivid dreams and stuff

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You a doctor Boots ? If not, save the medical advice for the doctors.

Champix wasn't designed as an antidepressant, lots of antidepressants are similar to smoking cessation drugs though.

"The known benefits of Chantix (Champix) should be weighed against its potential risks when deciding to use the drug in smokers with cardiovascular disease," the FDA said in a statement earlier this month.

Information here

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You a doctor Boots ? If not, save the medical advice for the doctors.

Champix wasn't designed as an antidepressant, lots of antidepressants are similar to smoking cessation drugs though.

Information here

ya well if you beleive that all the power to you and you are a bigger idiot then me..... ask your doctor not the internet... i have asked my doctor when i quit and that is what he told me so blow it out your a$$....

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Champix is a prescription drug, prescribed by a doctor who likely knows more than "Boots" from Snow & Mud.com :d

Champix and Chanix are names for varenicline, varenicline is the most successful smoking cessation method yet.

Smoking_cessation-WestShiffman.png

Within 20 minutes after quitting, blood pressure and heart rate decrease
Within 12 hours, carbon monoxide levels in the blood decrease to normal
Within 3 months, circulation and lung function improve
Within 9 months, there are decreases in cough and shortness of breath
Within 1 year, the risk of coronary heart disease is cut in half
Within 5 years, the risk of stroke falls to the same as a non-smoker, and the risks of many cancers (mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, cervix) decrease significantly
Within 10 years, the risk of dying from lung cancer is cut in half,[117] and the risks of larynx and pancreas cancers decrease
Within 15 years, the risk of coronary heart disease drops to the level of a non-smoker

More about Smoking cessation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pinner you better just smoke another pinner it helps your thinking i see... so you think my doctor is not a doctor good for you ... i see you get all your info off the net... you keep doing that...

Top Bottom