Champion 4500 Pound Winch

cementfist27

Reaction score
Thoughts and opinions needed!

Picked up a Champion 4500 pound winch from Costco today for $138.00. Now I know you usually get what you pay for, but at that price I was willing to give it a go. My 850xp came with a crappy 2500 pound winch which is already acting up. Made it only one year.

Would like to hear comments on a few things...Mounting issues, water performance, and actual towing strength.

Thanks all!

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did the same thing a few yrs back the 2500 warn was done on my grizz and was strolling through costco picking up goods before one of our trips and seen a 2500 for $88 so figured wth sounded a little ruff from the start but surprising lasted just fine for 3 yrs till I sold the grizz heck the factory warn had been repaired a few times in the first yr

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the Champion 10,000lb winch from costco, and I wouldn't run their garbage if you gave it to me. I went through 3, then gave up and bought a warn. We had one on the car hauler, and it worked ok for a few years, but I'd never rely on one to get me out, ever.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya mine sounded rough from day 1 but never actually died there is always a couple others with winches so I just kept using it and it kept on kickin If I felt confident enough to buy another one well thats a different story. unhless I was down n out again

Top Bottom