Challenger Extreme track 9103

foghorn

Reaction score
Does anyone know the best and cheapest place to buy a challenger Extreme 16+163+2.5+2.86 for an 08 xp in Alberta.My stocker is ripping surprise surprise and would like to upgrade
Thanx:

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tracks canada in calgary sells tracks out of his garage for like $30 over cost. Should cost you about $800 + shipping

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tracks Canada isn't selling those right now because there is a major recall on them.. Thats what he told me 3" pitch though not 2.86 I don't know if would be the same recall

foghorn

Reaction score
Thanx for the info guys.What is the recall about cause i am going to the 3 pitch as I have been told the best way to go
Thanxs guys

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I "think" the problem is with the 3" LUG tracks, rather than the 3" pitch tracks. Could be wrong though. :)

T

TracksCanada

Just a FYI for this thread.

The issues with the Camo Extremes involved 4 Camoplast part #'s
CE # 9943 162x15x2.5 in 3.0 pitch
CE # 9944 162x16x2.5 in 3.0 pitch
These tracks had a paddle failure (at any speed) which in most cases was related to a bonding of the rubber to the belting. Some customers have e-mailed me pictures of missing paddles which are not related to this bonding issue. They were failures related to hitting a stump, rock etc. When I get a good picture it is very easy to see if it's a bonding issue or not. I would like to also relate it was on a very "limited" production run of these two part #'s.

The other two tracks with a falure were:
CE # 9116 162x16x3 in 3.0 pitch
CE # 9115 174x16x3 in 3.0 pitch
Again these were a "LIMITED" production run, not all these tracks failed. I have customers with many, many miles on them with no problems.
All the 3 inch paddle tracks (that I got back) that failed were running 7 tooth drivers. Anyone (that I sold too) running 8 tooth never seemed to have a problem. This differance in drivers is still being debated and no final word has come from Camoplast. AGAIN I want to stree not all 3 inch paddle tracks failed!!! We have customers running the 7 tooth drivers with NO PROBLEM!!

As far as the 2.86 pitch tracks go I only had one failure out of hundreds sold. It was submitted to Camoplast for inspection and review.

Camoplast makes all the descisions on track warrantys, we have a process that we have to follow but Camoplast makes the final call!!

Hope this helps: Curtis
TRACKS CANADA
403-701-5038
tracksca@telus.net

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a CE2.5 x 15" wide,162" for two seasons with no troubles other than I took one paddle off on a rock in Oct.the first ride out.
I have since sold that track so I can upgrade to a 3" paddle 174" for my cat.
I am just waiting to hear whether or not I have to cut down a 16" wide or if Camoplast will be building a 15"wide for us cat guys.
I have just bought a CE 2.5 x 174" x 16" for my Tapex and can hardly wait to get out and ride it...:d
So Curtis,any word on the 15" wide 3" CE for us cat guys patiently waiting to hear?

T

TracksCanada

Camoplast has now said "definitely WILL NOT" be making a 15" wide 162 or 174 X 3 inch paddle.
I'm going to put a 162 X15 X 3 inch on my sled so I'm going to start cutting 16" down to 15".
I have a list of guys who also want 15" wide 3 inch paddles and they have all agreed to take them with NO WARRANTY !! Once they are cut Camoplast won't warranty them. One other person is cutting them down and is charging $500. per track to do it. I won't be charging that or any where's close to it, I will have to charge something because it takes 4 peeps to cut one down "SAFELY" The other part of it is I'm the guy taking the chance not to screw up a $999. track. LOL
:beer:
L8TR: Curtis
TRACKS CANADA

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Camoplast has now said "definitely WILL NOT" be making a 15" wide 162 or 174 X 3 inch paddle.
I'm going to put a 162 X15 X 3 inch on my sled so I'm going to start cutting 16" down to 15".
I have a list of guys who also want 15" wide 3 inch paddles and they have all agreed to take them with NO WARRANTY !! Once they are cut Camoplast won't warranty them. One other person is cutting them down and is charging $500. per track to do it. I won't be charging that or any where's close to it, I will have to charge something because it takes 4 peeps to cut one down "SAFELY" The other part of it is I'm the guy taking the chance not to screw up a $999. track. LOL
:beer:
L8TR: Curtis
TRACKS CANADA

Thanks Curtis,
I have been waiting patiently to hear if they would build what all us cat guys want.

So now that the verdict is in could you PM me a price on a 174",3" paddle in a 3"pitch.
I have my table saw all set up to cut it down.

Could you also get me a price on a 174"16"CE 2.5" for my Tapex.

Thanks,
Dave

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have mail.

How much for the 162" x 3" track shipped to westlock? It would also have to be cut down to 15". Are the new tracks any lighter this year or still the same weight from last year?
Also, just wondering how much gain there would be by going with 3" versus 2.5" tracks? The 3" track is a fair bit heavier.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well , now that we're deep into the season, what's the verdict?

Best all round track? 2.5 vs 3 lug, 162 vs 174, and which combination?

Started another thread about Best all round mtn track, this deserves its own thread, should be good?

Last edited:
Top Bottom