Chains and locks

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife is going to see that fifty shades of grey movie this weekend and I want to be prepared when she gets back, anyone got any recommendations for a good quality lock and chain.

I will be trying to save a few bucks, so they need to also work for locking up my generator. The high theft season is just around the corner and I need a good chain that cant be cut easily. A strong lock as well that doesn't open when you hit it with a hammer.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at a lock store and for $600.00 arbus chain and lock , chain had a cloth cover and was hexagon shape

being a welder/mechanic me thinks a disc cutting wheel would make short order of that chain :rolleyes:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at a lock store and for $600.00 arbus chain and lock , chain had a cloth cover and was hexagon shape

being a welder/mechanic me thinks a disc cutting wheel would make short order of that chain :rolleyes:

I saw a similar chain and lock at acklands for around $200 almost impossible to cut with bolt cutters, hacksaw. grinder will cut it, but takes a while. the question become what is the next weakest link in the locking system!!!

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yeah, sadly I use my milwaukee cordless grinder with a walter zipcut when working on my equipment and I know what it can do, it cuts chain like a knife through butter, it to bad the thieves have figured it out.

Locks and chains are only for honest thieves now.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe im better off to install a plug in on the metal cage and leave it running and plugged in while I'm not around. It usually sits on site a couple hours per day with no one around. I have just been using a cheap lock and chain, but its just a matter of time before a couple guys grab it and throw it on back of there truck.

Top Bottom