Caw Ridge Trip June 25th - Grande Cache

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just thought I'd share a few quick photos and a video from our Caw Ridge and Mt. Hamell trip from last weekend. What an awesome place to ride! Grande Cache is simply beautiful.

5885458110_7db28a0154_z.jpg

59 other Trip Photos:Flickriver: Photoset '2011-06: Grande Cache Quad Trip' by jefferypeteranderson

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ3GjtvhJ34[/YT]

UPDATE - Here's my Mt. Hamel Ride video as well:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUQfNu22kLw[/YT]

And here's a Photo-Map
Flickr: Explore photos from jefferypeteranderson's 2011-06: Grande Cache Quad Trip set on the map

Attachments

• 20110626.gpx
    244.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 20110625-short.gpx
    411 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice Pics are there lots of trails there? We are thinking of doing Big Horn Dam next year, but we also talking Grande Cache too.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
has been awhile since I have been up Caw,,,,,,,,,, Never did go up MT Hamell..... One of my favorite memories up Caw Ridge was a tour I had done with a doctor and his wife,,,,, we got into some ruts going up and she got scared and started crying,,,,,, my first expierience with a crying customer,,, I reasured her that it was not very dangerous, but she couldn't handle it, so we turned around and went up to #9 Mine, I believe the buildings are all gone now, but midway up you can stop and look at the dino tracks in the rocks going up the rock wall, that is very cool, at the mine we came face to face with a large herd of Rams, 20 or so rams,,,,, no ewes or lambs.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
When the group and myself in the lead came over a little hill at the mine,,,,, this herd was spread all over the road, I was totally shocked at the amount of Rams, I jumped off the quad with my camera bef ore the machine was even stopped and it went rolling off the road into some rocks,, Those pictures where blurry and not too good but I got these ones once the herd settled down again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice Pics are there lots of trails there? We are thinking of doing Big Horn Dam next year, but we also talking Grande Cache too.
Thanks for the compliments on the photos. I wouldn't say there are lots of trails - but I'm not a local, so I could be totally wrong. With the high alpine we tried to keep our footprint to a bare minimum and stick only to the well-worn trails. That said, the trails that we did see were LONG, so definitely worth spending a weekend out there. We had a blast.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the videos, nice to see new ridges to explore! How is Caw ridge - looks like you had a bit of trouble at the end? I might detour to Grande Cache at the end of August on my way back from Sask. Bringing the quad and want to do the trip up Mt Hamell and now Caw that I've seen it :D

Any mines in that area? Would like to check them out if there are.

Top Bottom