Catalytic Converter Thefts

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give the heads up to anyone with a 2500 or 3500 diesel truck. I heard on Global News thieves are stealing the catalytic converter from trucks. Over 60 cases have been reported to police in just the Edmonton area alone. There is a dealership that is offering to weld the nuts to the bolts of the catalytic converter for free of charge on dodge trucks. The dealer name is in the news report. Watch your trucks closely :mad:

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran into a guy at 7 eleven in Sherwood Park a few days ago, he saw my truck (3500) and he said he had just had his converter stolen out of his 3500. He said 6 weeks to get a new one. B^stards.

Last edited by a moderator:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man that takes ballz...

I didn't know there was such a big demand.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not installed my delete pipe yet. Wonder if i Left it in the back of the truck if they would install it for me :)

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should set up a sting! And when the sob's come to steal it jump out and beat the snot out of them with old catilylic converts! When we are not sledding that is!

mxracer14

Reaction score
They are doing half the work for you! Just put in a piece of pipe and say good riddance to the power robbing, dispicable cats! IMHO there is no sense to put a cat on a diesel. None of my diesels have them and were removed as soon as it went in the garage.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if you energised the whole exhaust system beforehand? Just run the cord through the front of the truck and it would look like a block heater....

Then them sonsabitches would get whats comin to em.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give the heads up to anyone with a 2500 or 3500 diesel truck. I heard on Global News thieves are stealing the catalytic converter from trucks. Over 60 cases have been reported to police in just the Edmonton area alone. There is a dealership that is offering to weld the nuts to the bolts of the catalytic converter for free of charge on dodge trucks. The dealer name is in the news report. Watch your trucks closely :mad:

Workin at a dodge dealer and they have had whole exhaust systems stolen off trucks before. From tailgates to mirrors to entire exhaust systems...pretty sad really!

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was in the paper that legal motors had 5 stolen right off the lot

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see why there stealing them now didn't know they were worth that much haha Find out what your scrap catalytic converters are truly worth. Mobile Pickup Available All Over Southern and Central AB.

3 pc Dodge 6.7L Cummins - $700
GM Cat & Filter - $300
2011/2012 Ford Long -$400
Large GM - $115
Small Import - $92
Scrap Batteries - $11
Al Rims - $ 15
5 Gallon Buckets of Wheel Weights - $30

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have just started locking my tailgate, they are too easy to get off and with backup cameras they are a pretty price to replace. I recommend making it a habit for everyone. I have caught guys in my laneway walking around my truck at 2 in the morning twice now. A call to the cops got no results, I even jumped in the car and folowed them once and got there truck license plate, only be asked by the police if I was reporting a suspicious vehicle, I was making it clear that they were up to no good and seemed like I was just being a pain in there a$$. It was very frustrating.

Top Bottom