cat touring sled info/opinions

SnowBuggy

Reaction score
Looking for info/opinions on 09,to,11 TZ1 LZR sled. I know each year has it's improvements over the last but is there that much of a difference between the 09, to the 11 touring sleds. Looking at the specs there is no major changes. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

BeeZee62

Reaction score
I owned a 2010 TZ1 LXR (non turbo) ... rode like a dream just as long as you stayed on level surfaces. This machine is very top heavy and just basically heavy .. weighs close to or just over 900 lbs. If you ever get stuck with it you'll need a tow truck.

If all you plan on is riding on trails this sled would be fine. Not recommended for off trail at all. I traded mine in on a crossfire 800

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the polaris widetrack for our snowmobile club for doing signing. We ended up buying one of those winch in a bags. Made by warn. Now when you get stuck at leased you have a chance to get the thing out.

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of snowmobile mags list the TZ1 LXR as one of the best 2 up machines on the market.
My machine Z1 Turbo EXT (2010) tips the scales at 624 lbs. I cannot see a 2 up seat and bags weighing 300 lbs.
The extra 16 inches of track ( 128 to 144") does make a lot of difference for stability and ability to crawl out of deeper stuff.
As I've mentioned before, I have COPD, a lung disease, and suffer from extreme shortness of breathe. The few times I've actually got it stuck, I usually only have to shovel out the A-arms, a scoop from under the belly pan and away I go. My one complaint is the stiffness of the snow flap. It can sometimes hold snow to the point of "high centering" the machine and then there's track spin. Again a couple of shovels out from under the flap to allow more traction and away you go.
I take it you don't plan any mountain riding or else you'd be after a sled with a longer track. Then the LXR is an excellent choice for trail riding 2-up. Heated seats and rear hand grips, tall windshield, 4 stroke reliability and fuel consumption, electric start and reverse as well as enough gumption to keep up with anyone you ride with. I plan on buying my wife one because she likes mine so much she steals it all the time. Her one complaint about mine is the small wind shield. With the LXR that's not an issue. Good luck on your sled hunting!!

Top Bottom