Cat bulliten

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There you have it proper pdi was not carried out. So will arctic cat pay for the burn downs or are the dealers gonna have to take responsibility. Imagine, if only these dealers would have loosened their money grip a little and made it a policy that each gas tank gets half a liter of oil regardless of fuel level to the customer at delivery. Feel for the guys that burnt down.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine talked to a very reputable dealer in oregon where we have purchased sleds in the past and apparently there was also another bulletin put out as well about a heat cycling procedure that must happen in the PDI process as well. The sled must started and idled until the temp light comes on and shut off for 20mins or so to cool. Repeat 3-4 times, high temp light must come on each time. Apparently she has sold 80+ new cats and no know failures yet.

Going West

Reaction score
So 80 sleds with 4 heat cycles each with 20 mins between cycles, it will take about 20 mins at least for the light to come on so 40 mins for 1 complete cycle. 80*4*40=12,800 mins or 213.2 hrs to do 80 sleds. Somehow I doubt this is happening.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your math is wrong. A mechanic can easily run 3-4 sleds at a time. Any reputable dealer will heat cycle your sled as per Cats instruction. If your dealer doesn't heat cycle the sleds he sells then I would find another dealer. A good dealer will also give you the oil required to mix in the first tank.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So 80 sleds with 4 heat cycles each with 20 mins between cycles, it will take about 20 mins at least for the light to come on so 40 mins for 1 complete cycle. 80*4*40=12,800 mins or 213.2 hrs to do 80 sleds. Somehow I doubt this is happening.

Good to see you can use a calculator, but your lack of common sense is failing ya buddy

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So any ways a good indication that the dealer had mentioned to check if yours was heat cycled was it should have about 2-3 hours and about 2 km reading on the speedo.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is not a new thing it has been in place for a few years now. But still good info and a good reminder. I heat cycle all my new engines and on 2 strokes premix the first tank.

sabercat2599

Reaction score
Well I got both the set up sheet and pdi sheet with my sled when I picked it up and there was nothing about heat cycling. Removing from crate putting handlebars etc, but nothing about heat cycling. PS my dealer did not leave enough gas in the thing to get it backed off the truck, also the oil light was flashing. There should be enough oil in the tank to at least put the light out. But after a stern phone call I went down and picked up my now free jug of APV oil.

Top Bottom