Cat and Polaris scooping up Doo disgruntled customers.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You lost a motor..........

Covered under warranty. Isn't that what warranty is for; The big one! Didn't really sour me other than all the deflecting from disgruntled doo riders and BRP haters.

I've had 2 motors and a track in about 25-30 sleds (Arctic Cat in the early days, then some time with Polaris (1st motor), and that pointed me to BRP). Track should have been covered by warranty but other than change brand for poor Corporate decisions, not much a guy can do. I like my dealer too much to jump ship because some eastern dude is on a power trip.

I've got lots of buddies who were down and out with mechanical problems throughout the years but I haven't had serious troubles. Love my Doo's!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm probably the only guy on the planet that snow checked a 17 800 etec freeride. I thought I made a bad choice when I saw how hard the 850's ripped, until they all started chitting the bed. Then I knew I made a wise choice. My buddies 18 850 freeride worked mint last season though and my other friends 18 cat went through 3 motors and spent 90 days in the shop....

Think the 19 freeride will be dialed

the 17 800s are like unicorns lol, was that lionel's freeride?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 17 800s are like unicorns lol, was that lionel's freeride?

No wasnt talking about Lionels, but his worked good too.

I know at least a dozen people that rode the chit of of them last season with no major problems.

Last edited:

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The proper torsion springs are definitely gonna make bumps and bashing a moguled up trail better no arguing there

WHAT?.... torsion springs are better in bumps and moguled up trails?( sarcasm inserted here). I must have missed read all the threads from Cat and Poo owners on how great coil over shocks vs how bad and dated doo's torsions springs are. I'm going to need better reading glasses to properly interpret what they are saying. Maybe what there saying is it's really opposite world eh?! Cat and Poo are crap and Doo is awsome! NOW i get it!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WHAT?.... torsion springs are better in bumps and moguled up trails?( sarcasm inserted here). I must have missed read all the threads from Cat and Poo owners on how great coil over shocks vs how bad and dated doo's torsions springs are. I'm going to need better reading glasses to properly interpret what they are saying. Maybe what there saying is it's really opposite world eh?! Cat and Poo are crap and Doo is awsome! NOW i get it!

Never said cat was crap but the proper torsion springs and good shocks paired together will do a great job when bashing a snocross track or terrible 3’ moguled up trail for long periods of time or even while hitting a backcountry booster over and over onto hard spring landings. However I don’t ride snocross, not huge on jumping on man made hard packed landings and I save energy and take the mogul trails easy so torsion springs aren’t needed and are junk for mountain riding IMO. They have their purpose but regular ol tree riding they isn’t it

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone says chev pickups ride the best cause of the torsion spring front end, While ford and Ram uses coil overs in the front.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone says chev pickups ride the best cause of the torsion spring front end, While ford and Ram uses coil overs in the front.

Coils on my dodge ride great. Its just a spring, the shock and geometry have more to do with the ride than what kind of spring you have.

Torsion springs is a go to troll item for doo haters.

But it's just not based in reality

Last edited:

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never said cat was crap but the proper torsion springs and good shocks paired together will do a great job when bashing a snocross track or terrible 3’ moguled up trail for long periods of time or even while hitting a backcountry booster over and over onto hard spring landings. However I don’t ride snocross, not huge on jumping on man made hard packed landings and I save energy and take the mogul trails easy so torsion springs aren’t needed and are junk for mountain riding IMO. They have their purpose but regular ol tree riding they isn’t it

My last statement really wasn't directed at you. You made some valid points and I can respect that. I've never had an issue with the torsion system over the years either on the trail or in the deep. Set up properly they give you the best of both worlds IMO. I'm not a fan of the harshness of the coil over on the machines i've ridden. What i find interesting is how some machines you can barely compress the rear skid 1 to 2" yet claimed 16" of travel (Alpha and Pro in this example) . Harshness comes to mind. If one were to set up the sag on a motocross bike at 1 or 2" as oppose to the 4" rider weight in total travel of 12-13" you would be off the bike before the first turn. Makes me wonder how much of that 16"of travel guys are actually using going down the trail. I think coil over is lighter which is important just want to keep the plushness of the torsion system. Time will tell on what Doo decides to do on the skid revision for 2020MY. Torsion or Coil over?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coils on my dodge ride great. Its just a spring, the shock and geometry have more to do with the ride than what kind of spring you have.

Torsion springs is a go to troll item for doo haters.

But it's just not based in reality

Shhh your truck is a 1500, I was thinking of the Heavy duty trucks. I was trying to have some fun with it.
Lol

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shhh your truck is a 1500, I was thinking of the Heavy duty trucks. I was trying to have some fun with it.

FUN?!?! What are you nuts man! You can’t have any fun on here while tossing subtle this and that’s back and forth! You should know granny is gonna show up to bingo night with a glock at some point!!! LMAO!!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Get some better glasses old man.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant we all be friends!!! The 2017 free ride was amazing the 2018 cat is very good the 2015 t3 174 was ground breaking the poo weight is second to none all of which gets us where we have never been before . I say thank you for setting the bar high.

Top Bottom