Castrol Raceway last night

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was anybody else at Castrol Raceway last night? What a crazy finish to the NPP series season. It was pretty exciting, Dwight Kennedy lost his cool and t-boned Mike Tom in the pits after a totally innocent altercation on the track. Kennedy was DQ'd for the rest of the night and lost his championship lead to Brian McCaughan who also won rookie of the year. It was an awesome night of racing. :d:beer::d:beer:

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dwight is normally a very calm and cool guy...that would have been interesting to see...lol....

It was unreal. Couldn't believe he did what he did. Sure created some excitement and got the crowd goin. I've never seen anyone get DQ'd at Castrol before, especially a guy who puts so much into the facility. Oh well you get what you deserve.:nono::nono::nono:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was unreal. Couldn't believe he did what he did. Sure created some excitement and got the crowd goin. I've never seen anyone get DQ'd at Castrol before, especially a guy who puts so much into the facility. Oh well you get what you deserve.:nono::nono::nono:
::doh: I always miss the good Sh!t:crying3:

moto.racerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

why did he do this?

maybe he should be banned forever!

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was anybody else at Castrol Raceway last night? What a crazy finish to the NPP series season. It was pretty exciting, Dwight Kennedy lost his cool and t-boned Mike Tom in the pits after a totally innocent altercation on the track. Kennedy was DQ'd for the rest of the night and lost his championship lead to Brian McCaughan who also won rookie of the year. It was an awesome night of racing. :d:beer::d:beer:

Yeah that was a unusual result and should prove interesting in the future races.

But the best news..... The car and Driver Sponsores by Fountain Tire Spruce Grove (Me) was crowned Alberta Sprint Tour Champion for 2008. Pretty exciting after years of hard work (I also crew the car).

Next step Canadian Sprint Car Nationals in Oshwekan, ON next weekend.

Attachments

• Team Picture framed.jpg
    Team Picture framed.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 128

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why did he do this?

maybe he should be banned forever!
Can't really do that. Kennedy owns Northern Provincial Pipelines. He also owns a bunch of the cars in that class and helps out a bunch of the independant car owners in the NPP late model class. If Dwight were suspended forever I'm pretty sure that whole class would pretty much fold eventually.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I agree, he's a huge sponsor of the raceway, however he may have ot pay a price, they have to keep it fair. This is so unlike Dwight.
Can't really do that. Kennedy owns Northern Provincial Pipelines. He also owns a bunch of the cars in that class and helps out a bunch of the independant car owners in the NPP late model class. If Dwight were suspended forever I'm pretty sure that whole class would pretty much fold eventually.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, he's a huge sponsor of the raceway, however he may have ot pay a price, they have to keep it fair. This is so unlike Dwight.
Oh absolutely they will have to do something....wether they figure Dq for 1 night and losing championship is enough........ he'll probably end up paying for the repairs anyway.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I agree, dwights a pretty fair guy and with the amount he puts out each year for those races he won't want a bunch of hard feelings....will be interesting to hear what happens though.
Oh absolutely they will have to do something....wether they figure Dq for 1 night and losing championship is enough........ he'll probably end up paying for the repairs anyway.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From in the pits side, it will be the punch from the other class driver that will take some review also. Dwight made a quick decision to do what he did and put many other people in danger as there were many other crews in the vicinity of the incident. Many people are angry but I do think cooler heads will prevail eventually. There will likely be no more disiplinary action as it was Rollie Nash's (Race Director) last race at castrol and there will be a new one next year. Rubbin is racin but it should be kept on the track.

I am sure Dwight is feeling remorseful today and even last night. Adrenaline can be a hell of a motivator and you just make quick decisions that are sometime the wrong ones, but you have to make them at 80mph. Can't take them back. I am sure they will work it out.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The part that i dont agree with is the fact that just because he has lots of money and sponsors the class it seems like he can get away with doing an idiodic stupid thing that could have hurt alot of people with just a one race suspension... In my opinion that is flat out WRONG... Feeling sorry or not dont change what he did.. So that means that any other driver who gets pissed at someone can go and t-bone someone and the most that can be done to them is a 1 race suspension as well or do rich people get special treatment in this sport.

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I don't think that will happen, Rollie runs a pretty tight ship out there and has the support of the ownership. I'm confident that as ftguy said, Dwight is feeling sheepish today and will want to take responsibility for his actions.

The part that i dont agree with is the fact that just because he has lots of money and sponsors the class it seems like he can get away with doing an idiodic stupid thing that could have hurt alot of people with just a one race suspension... In my opinion that is flat out WRONG... Feeling sorry or not dont change what he did.. So that means that any other driver who gets pissed at someone can go and t-bone someone and the most that can be done to them is a 1 race suspension as well or do rich people get special treatment in this sport.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just got back from Castrol. We took second in the points and did it with a rookie driver, but none the less a bit disappointing we didn't take first.

Video tape I saw last night shows Mike Tom anything but innocent! Just Mike doing what Mike has done all year; taking others out. Retalitation has been brewing in the NPP class all year and by alot more than just Dwight.

Having said that, what Kennedy did in the pits was stupid and IMHO deserves a lifetime ban from the sport. I am one of those that is in the pits, with no roll cage around me, no helmet, no nothing but my arse out there, and I am the one that often walks over to the timing booth to get the line ups. Luckily Mike's car did not hit anyone when it spun, and luckily Dwight did miss Mike and end up going through the scoring booth. Had anyone working the pits got injured or killed there would be no discussion about what happened on the track.

If your man (or women) enough to get in a race car you need to have the balls to settle scores on the track and realise if you spend the whole year taking out other cars, someone is eventually going to get you.

BTW, whatever happened to taking "things" out behind the wood shed to sort out?

Congradulations go out to all the season champions! And good luck to Kynoch and the #15 Team at the Nations next week!

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was a unusual result and should prove interesting in the future races.

But the best news..... The car and Driver Sponsores by Fountain Tire Spruce Grove (Me) was crowned Alberta Sprint Tour Champion for 2008. Pretty exciting after years of hard work (I also crew the car).

Next step Canadian Sprint Car Nationals in Oshwekan, ON next weekend.

You sponsor Gord Kynoch????

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sponsor Gord Kynoch????

Absolutely I have for the past three years. His race team is actually called "Fountain Tire Racing" ftguy= fountain tire guy.

I must admit I am not the only sponsor but am the principal one. Without the support of the other sponsors this racing game just would not or could not happen as its takes tons o' money and a hell of a team to finally make it work. In a series like this we found that this year winning the race is not always the key, stay consistently in the the top 5 and keep the car and motor in one piece really paid it's divedends this year.

Again thanks to fellow sponsors and to the fans that come to watch us every race.:Happy6::Happy6::Happy6::Happy6::Happy6:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely I have for the past three years. His race team is actually called "Fountain Tire Racing" ftguy= fountain tire guy.

I must admit I am not the only sponsor but am the principal one. Without the support of the other sponsors this racing game just would not or could not happen as its takes tons o' money and a hell of a team to finally make it work. In a series like this we found that this year winning the race is not always the key, stay consistently in the the top 5 and keep the car and motor in one piece really paid it's divedends this year.

Again thanks to fellow sponsors and to the fans that come to watch us every race.:Happy6::Happy6::Happy6::Happy6::Happy6:

Very cool. I know gord quite well.

Sambino

Reaction score
Mike is a relative of mine and seeing this happen in whts suppose to
be an "organized" race, with people behind the wheel who are suppose to
be mature made me and my family pretty mad. No matter how mad and upset you get about something that happened on the track, that is NO way
to act. I do not agree with how he was punished. I dint believe he should
not be allowed to step foot on a race track ever again. It was no way to
behave. Not to mention the fact that he placed not only Mikes life in danger, but also put everyone else within the pit at risk as well. Mike is a wonderful guy and did not in anyway deserve such treatment from a fellow racer.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody but me notice this thread is three years old..just sayin!:vancouver:

Top Bottom