Castlegar train trail

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen this vid on youtube quadding an old rail line over bridges and through tunnels and in the comments it is said just west of Castlegar. Does anyone know were to stage and how long of a ride till the tiny metal bridge. I am looking to go this summer and want to do this ride. Any info and help would be appreciated.

https://youtu.be/017qh11TmHg

Last edited:

rens27

Reaction score
They talk about motorized users on the webpage. Looks like it is multi use and would be a very scenic ride.

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Did the paulson juntion to castlgar last summer. Motorized access is legal but not encouraged. Stage either in castlgar by damm or at paulson. Pedestrian mountain bikers and horse riders have rite of way. Turn machine off when encountered to reduce dust. A wide sxs will not fit through the gate in Castlegar.
Bulldog tunnel is over a mile long. There is a bend so there is a spot where you can turn your headlights off and not see daylight at either end. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454959513.992734.jpg

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Start of first video is in Castlegar by the damm staging area. When he turns around you can see the gate. Access is on the right hand side.
Between 10 and 11 minutes is the bulldog tunnel. There is a fsr between trail head and tunnel around four minutes. That is where we accessed.
Bridge is on the south side of crowsnest highway.
Between bulldog and paulson there is another trail that takes you up to bulldog firelookout tower. Think that is what it is called. And from there you can go to renata. About a mile and a half of that trail is Canada's largest natural stone arch. Do not know where the hiking trail to that is.
Would like to know.

Last edited:

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will a wildcat x fit? I have a wildcat trail so it should be good.

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Wildcat x no it will not fit. Wildcat trail should.
Thinking about renting scooters from allseason motorsports this summer for this section of trail. This section would be perfect to bring the family out and ride the legal portions. Very newbie, stockish friendly.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drive past the pulp mill. The road comes to a large staging area on the left, past where the hydro Dam access is. Braaap braaap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom