Castlegar area

DR800x4

Reaction score
Hi, i rode up to the " airport" area via Ladybird in January with friends from Rossland and Fruitvale, i`m from Kelowna. I remember a washed out section of the main trail that detoured in the trees, question is, is that access trail still open now ? From the staging area up ? I would think the snows still plentiful up top other than the avy areas. Thanks for any updates.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, i rode up to the " airport" area via Ladybird in January with friends from Rossland and Fruitvale, i`m from Kelowna. I remember a washed out section of the main trail that detoured in the trees, question is, is that access trail still open now ? From the staging area up ? I would think the snows still plentiful up top other than the avy areas. Thanks for any updates.

They've had lots of rain, snow is rotten down low and going quick, I don't know if the staging area still has snow on it, might be driving up the road a bit now. I will talk to the old man tonight and get a better report, you should talk to MenzToys on the forum here, Wayne might be able to tell you about the conditions up Ladybird and Goose Cr.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard how Ladybird access is lately but it's really sheltered in there so it usually doesn't melt 'til early - mid May. We were unloading up Meadow mtn last week at 3100' and that's all west facing so a lot more sun exposure. Club side is still rideable but apparently the creeks are opening up. On a good note I did hear the washout was getting fixed this summer, let's hope it's true!

Top Bottom