castle

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody been down to castle for a ride yet? if so, how was it?

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. Me an my brother went for a drive up that way last Saturday, very little snow. :mad:

M

mattmedic

i heard there is only a little snow , mostly wind blown stuff

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any update? they have had over a metre of snow in the past 1.5 weeks. That has to amount to something!!

I want to head down there this weekend with a buddy to snowboard, but my concerns are still snow, and the trail. Has it been broken through past the first meadow with the pole? (through the avy run?)

I'm not too keen on mounting a tree midway through the avy run and having to get the sled unstuck. I'm not too sure what to expect for conditions and being only two guys on hillside, a sled can be stuck for awhile!

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went all the way to the top of the pass today(friday). Not much snow. It's ok if you stay on the trail but we need another metre at least before I'll go again.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went all the way to the top of the pass today(friday). Not much snow. It's ok if you stay on the trail but we need another metre at least before I'll go again.

How would you say it is for snowboarding? Enough that you aren't hitting rocks, etc underneith?

I'm worried about going up the hill now on my sled.. We have plans to head out tomorrow.. Might have to go to the ski hill instead if it's open! haha.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How would you say it is for snowboarding? Enough that you aren't hitting rocks, etc underneith?

I'm worried about going up the hill now on my sled.. We have plans to head out tomorrow.. Might have to go to the ski hill instead if it's open! haha.

its too damn cold shibbb, u crazy I want to go as well but -25 hurrrrts

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wusses!!

We went out. -30 on my truck thermometer and generally it's 4 degrees warm. The ride in was a bit chilly. My buddy had problems with his toes, but after I ran up and down the trial i was good to go for the day.

As for conditions... Good for snowboarding, bad for sledding. I didn't venture off the trail too far. We got to one point in the trail where it looked safe to play but a guy had his sled on the side because he tore a big rip in his track from hitting a stump. THERE ARE LANDMINES!

Terrain looks WAY different without snow. The post in the meadow was sticking out a good 2-3 feet with the rocks along the side. They need a good 1-1.5 metres before sledding will be safe. The base is coming along good though!

Trail condition is mostly good. Smooth and snow covered. I wouldn't venture off the trail though.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wusses!!

We went out. -30 on my truck thermometer and generally it's 4 degrees warm. The ride in was a bit chilly. My buddy had problems with his toes, but

Trail condition is mostly good. Smooth and snow covered. I wouldn't venture off the trail though.

if I cant go off the trail I DONT RIDE... lol

very brave...

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if I cant go off the trail I DONT RIDE... lol

very brave...

We were there to snowboard though. I just had the sled to take us up the hill and back. The hill I wanted to ride I wasn't too interested in trying it with the sled after seeing a guy rip his new track and bend a rail. Too expensive. I can wait.

We hit up some smaller hills and had fun on the snowboards. It was more of an adventure then a sledding or serious snowboarding trip.

Lets cross our fingers for more snow!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were there to snowboard though. I just had the sled to take us up the hill and back. The hill I wanted to ride I wasn't too interested in trying it with the sled after seeing a guy rip his new track and bend a rail. Too expensive. I can wait.

We hit up some smaller hills and had fun on the snowboards. It was more of an adventure then a sledding or serious snowboarding trip.

Lets cross our fingers for more snow!

I hear ya, its always good to just be out there,,,

sevenmm

Reaction score
i was at castle on dec.20 and 21. the snow is building but it is still very limited. up over the middle kootenay there is plenty of stumps still showing.. but there is enough for a test run or a quick boot.

Top Bottom