Casper Regional Landfill begins burying turbine blades

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anyone actually read the article?

"Ninety percent of the turbines are completely reclaimed, recycled, and reused, but there is ten percent that is fiberglass, so those are coming to us from three different farms in the state."

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes more the 900 blades will be brought to the landfill

"She also mentioned that Casper is the only landfill in the state that has the certification to show that it is environmentally responsible"

RJP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"She also mentioned that Casper is the only landfill in the state that has the certification to show that it is environmentally responsible"

That means nothing other than trying to make it look eco friendly, still burying garbage underground.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anyone actually read the article?

"Ninety percent of the turbines are completely reclaimed, recycled, and reused, but there is ten percent that is fiberglass, so those are coming to us from three different farms in the state."
I'd like to know how long these wind farms have been running?

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scrapyards will pay good for batteries that's why the crackheads will clean a whole neighbourhood out of RV batteries haha

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know how long these wind farms have been running?

So windmills aren't perfect. There is no way that I know of to create electricity with absolutely zero impact on the environment. So 90% of it gets recycled. I'm gonna guess that the impact of burying these blades is less than that of other energy generation methods.
As far as how old they are I just googled it and it says that the lifespan is roughly 20 years typically.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not grind them up? Ive seen massive shredders chew threw steel like nothing.

How is burying something environmentally more friendly at that landfill, than another landfill. Bury the windmills on the site that they came from. It would save on trucking and diesel burned.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So true Teth-Air, but it is nice to see people actually researching the bull sh!t now. We have a child with mental disorder calling the shots at the UN, and drunken suzuki pushing this power agenda when he does not have a clue what he is talking about.. talk about mercury poisoning from that idiot. Hopefully we get back to real experts running things. It is like a plague of stupidity sweeping the world.

Top Bottom