Caribbean wedding destinations

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has gotten married in the caribbean, Not wanting to spend too much money 10,000 - 15. Any places to recemmend, how expensive it was and how u like it. Any info would be great thanks.:beer::beer:

eattheweak

Reaction score
Got married in Jamica at a Beaches resort, awesome. Worry free everything was great, (bride was a little put off that all the bartenders showed up ...burp lol). Paid less than if we would have done a big wedding here. now this was 5 years ago but it was $7800 for the wedding, travel and 10 days in the resort super inclusive. Wedding side that included minister, flowers, cake. Worth the money

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just came back from St.Lucia,our friends got married out there.It was a very nice wedding i dunno the cost but guessing be close to $10,000.Everything took place at the Sandels Regency Golf and Spa Resort.I can get you some pics if you want of what they,just send me a PM if your interested

Crazed

Reaction score
Fiji is supposed to be amazing. Have had friends get married in Mexico for 2500. Cuba 5000 Turtle Island 10000. Just depends on what you want

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got married on the beach in Cuba. 5 star all inclusive, Breezes Jibacoa. It was 10 years ago, but Cuba hasn't changed a bunch since then. It was the best trip I have ever been on, lots to do. 2 weeks at the resort, all the paperwork, minister, photographer, taxes, etc. it was around $6000. It might be closer to $8000-$9000 now. Wherever you end up going, you won't regret it. Spend the money on yourselves by incorporating the wedding with the honeymoon on the beach, instead of some freeloading 3rd cousin and people you haven't seen for 20 years coming and drinking your booze and regifting you a toaster or blanket.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got married in DR and it was great cost was about 5-6000 and it was great, no 300+ people, and you could always go back and get a free devorce alot cheaper then hear. I asked her but she never wanted to go back to DR with me. LOL

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I hate to be the party pooper but how many people have gone into debt just to say those 2 regretful words......... I DO???

I did unfortunately

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got married in Negril, Jamaica 13 yrs ago. It was awesome. Love the place. The people were great, the sand was awesome. Back then it cost us $4000, everything included. I know, crazy hey!! Then we came back and had a huge party for our friends that only cost $800.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just came back from St.Lucia,our friends got married out there.It was a very nice wedding i dunno the cost but guessing be close to $10,000.Everything took place at the Sandels Regency Golf and Spa Resort.I can get you some pics if you want of what they,just send me a PM if your interested

Your friend's name isn't "Jack" or "Jake" by chance.....whatever that bachelor dudes name on TV is. My wife would know i'm sure of that. A buddy got married in the Dominican last Feb. and it was awesome and tons cheaper than if they would have done something here. Only thing i found wierd was absolute strangers video tapping the whole wedding on the beach when they have no clue who these people are....mind you she's not hard to look at.:d

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for all the response's been very helpful. We want to go to Dominican but the travel agent said if we did all our papers would be in spanish and when we get back we would need a lawyer to translate it which costs around $3000. Anyone know if theres any truth to this. Thanks again!!:beer::beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Yeah...I hate to be the party pooper but how many people have gone into debt just to say those 2 regretful words......... I DO???

I did unfortunately

The wedding was fairly inexpensive.....

The Divorce was the best 10K I ever spent.....

Just sayin:d

eattheweak

Reaction score
Offical Translation cost about 50 cents a word. So it depends on how many words...point to note when I said it was 7800 that was for two adults and two kids. get married wth sand between your toes is the only way to go :beer:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for all the response's been very helpful. We want to go to Dominican but the travel agent said if we did all our papers would be in spanish and when we get back we would need a lawyer to translate it which costs around $3000. Anyone know if theres any truth to this. Thanks again!!:beer::beer:

Not true, ours were in spanish and got home booked an appointment and cost us around 250/300. That 3000 doesn't even make sence. The wedding cost that.....

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wherever you go and whatever package you choose, can I just make one suggestion? If your pictures are at all important to you, (and they should be!! When its -40 and the reality of home is back in your brain, you will want good pics of the 'big day') take the time to have the resort show you some of their resort photographer's work. Some of these guys/gals are total hacks with crap cameras and extremely cheesy post-processing (editing) ideas. Just be careful!! Good photography is expensive, and some resorts cut corners when they recruit photographers in order to keep their package prices reasonable. You may want to find your own photographer for the big day...

Just a hint for you, speaking as a professional photographer who has had resort wedding photos brought to her by disappointed brides who wanted to know if I could do anything with them...

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Had friends that got married in the Dominican in 2007, it cost them about $2000 to get the papers translated to from english to spanish and then from spanish to english. They had to send the paper to Ottawa to get transalated. When they came back they had to wait almost 6 months to get translated back to english.

rexresorts

Reaction score
rex resorts are based in the Caribbean and Africa (we got in early and scored the best locations :) ) you may be interested in our beach wedding packages.
Congrats and all the best for planning your special day!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you were looking at the Caribbean but my daughter got married in Mexico at a 5 star and we were treated like gold. great rates and super people to deal with. Photos were top notch and vid was good only. Hard to control people from getting in the vids when they are out in the water. Sand in your toes was priceless, cost was with photo and vid around 4500 us. hotel cost was extra but if call it a holiday well worth the cost, dad had to pay so I was happy with it. party back home in Calgary for all who could not make it was cheap and she did a reenactment of the wedding with the vid playing in the background. for the record at an all inclusive you can't drink them dry.

Top Bottom