Carefully who you buy your Avalancha bag from.

08xpx

Reaction score
I would like warn all the other sledder a about being cautious about who you buy your avalanche bag from. I bought a snowpulse bag from Martin Farm Equipment in Edmonton south. Whent to check cylinders as I bought two just in case and one had gone empty never fired safety cap on. Now they still sell them but can't recharge them they want me to go else where. The reason I bought it there was because my close proximity to my home as I was assured at time of purchase that they would soon be refilling them. What horse @&$t. Now I have to run around to get it done as I was trying to avoid this. Typical. I won't buy a spark plug from them ever again guess it serves me right. 1 pissed last time customer.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I would like warn all the other sledder a about being cautious about who you buy your avalanche bag from. I bought a snowpulse bag from Martin Farm Equipment in Edmonton south. Whent to check cylinders as I bought two just in case and one had gone empty never fired safety cap on. Now they still sell them but can't recharge them they want me to go else where. The reason I bought it there was because my close proximity to my home as I was assured at time of purchase that they would soon be refilling them. What horse @&$t. Now I have to run around to get it done as I was trying to avoid this. Typical. I won't buy a spark plug from them ever again guess it serves me right. 1 pissed last time customer.

I suggest you go back and calmly speak to a manager about your issue, I'm sure they won't leave you stranded.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a 2012 bag, or a first generation? There was a recall issued last year on some of the first gen cylinders. Leaking gauges. Contact Mountain Sports Distributing in Golden. They'll look after ya quick like a bunny. Don't just get it refilled. It'll probably end up empty again.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suggest you go back and calmly speak to a manager about your issue, I'm sure they won't leave you stranded.

The voice of reason..........

One would hope that he would have done that before coming on here. I had tires put on my truck than the low tire pressure sensor light came on, I just came on SnowandMud and talked about it rather than going to the tire shop and having them kindly add air

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 6+ bags from Martin south no issues. Was actually very impressed they have a massive checklist they run through with you to ensure the bag is up to snuff. Then they go through every detail about the bag and how to recharge reset etc. then they blow off a cylinder for a test before you purchase. It was quite the deal where as I was expecting to just pay for it and learn it myself was not expecting all the extra help and was happy to have it. Unfortunately in your case perhaps you purchased a bag and to the best of their knowledge they would have been able to help you in the future. Things change, suppliers change and it may have been out of the control of the person who sold it to you. I would have talked with a manager or something perhaps they could have exchanged it for an abs which they currently have plenty of stock on cylinders for. I do find it odd that you enjoyed the free Avy seminar then proceeded to Create this thread. Hope you get it sorted out. I would however watch what you say on the Internet and from my experience I wouldn't caution anyone to purchase an airbag from martins. Great to deal with

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about Martin Motorsports, but if this is a recalled cylinder as in my previous post then it certainly wasn't the fault of the dealer. I repeat....the distributor in Golden will be happy to help you and are actually the ONLY ones that can help you on the recall.

08xpx

Reaction score
Ok. First it was not part of the recall. Second it wasn't FREE the avalanche awareness. It's a brand new cylinder never removed from box. And the person who answered the call was talking to there manager. Also not my first issue with them. A little customer support when you carry the product would be nice.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EVERY dealer or supplier has a deal go south on them from time to time and it pisses people off. I have only dealt with MMS south on one ocasion, and my thoughts as I left the parking lot were that I wish I lived closer to them

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read the instructions. Im almost positive it says you are supposed to inflate it every year. When did you buy it?

I know Martin blows off the bag when you buy it, they did it while I was there on Saturday. After they inflate it, they repack it and sign it off, thats the way they cover their arse, and show customers great service. I dont think Martin has anything to do with your issue.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sent 3 cylinders to Chuck at Avalanche Solutions in Golden
He refitted new valves and had it back to me in less than week
Excellent service

I currently have a brand new - valve reconditioned FOR SALE - new $175.00 sale $100.00
Was never fired - was returned to Chuck for revalving and refilling

Also a brand new bag of 10 orings for refilling free with the cylinder

Attachments

• 2012-04-01_SnowpulseHIghmark11AirBag_112.JPG
    2012-04-01_SnowpulseHIghmark11AirBag_112.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 2012-04-01_SnowpulseHIghmark11AirBag_111.JPG
    2012-04-01_SnowpulseHIghmark11AirBag_111.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20121210_45.JPG
    20121210_45.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20121210_44.JPG
    20121210_44.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20121210_47.JPG
    20121210_47.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 41

08xpx

Reaction score
Sent 3 cylinders to Chuck at Avalanche Solutions in Golden
He refitted new valves and had it back to me in less than week
Excellent service

I currently have a brand new - valve reconditioned FOR SALE - new $175.00 sale $100.00
Was never fired - was returned to Chuck for revalving and refilling

Also a brand new bag of 10 orings for refilling free with the cylinder
Thank you for a useful post as I will contact them ASAP and get it fixed. Don't feel very confident in a cylinder that goes flat. Not saying Martin doesn't put on some excellent things for the sport as I said before just looking for customer support on something they sell.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I wouldn't feel very comfortable if I didn't check my cylinders every year either...

Top Bottom