career choices!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At my job my boss is a highly educated engineer who is in charge of 30 guys and our pay . He makes 1/3 the money I do. Boy is that a fun talk every year at compensation time.

Engineering is a great field but IMO these big company's rape these poor buggers, pay them nothing for years and work tons of hours while the golden carrot dangles with big hopes to reach it... When few do at our site most quit long before. I got my steam time and 4 months of night classes 15 years later I'm way ahead of any engineer in gross pay earned easily not including what he/she shelled out for schoolen !

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At my job my boss is a highly educated engineer who is in charge of 30 guys and our pay . He makes 1/3 the money I do. Boy is that a fun talk every year at compensation time.

Engineering is a great field but IMO these big company's rape these poor buggers, pay them nothing for years and work tons of hours while the golden carrot dangles with big hopes to reach it... When few do at our site most quit long before. I got my steam time and 4 months of night classes 15 years later I'm way ahead of any engineer in gross pay earned easily not including what he/she shelled out for schoolen !

Which one of you scheduled the cylinder change during the coldest days of Nov??

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which one of you scheduled the cylinder change during the coldest days of Nov??

Not me , I was in Texas for fire training for most of nov and then off. So Not sure what cylinder ya speak of... But that is how we role, if by coldest you mean at half the rate then yup sounds right!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would brush my teeth with a 12ga shotgun before being a fawkin safety fly.

At our site if you can lose all common sense at the gate you can move up the ladder very fast with very little people in your way. Ehs is the biggest part of of our sites goals and has by far the most power over everything!

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At our site if you can lose all common sense at the gate you can move up the ladder very fast with very little people in your way. Ehs is the biggest part of of our sites goals and has by far the most power over everything!

If you can lose all common sense...? Sounds like a site for my competition to work at... Lol.

I take safety seriously and have an excellent track record, but I guess what I am saying is I don't ever want the title "safety guy". Ever.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not me , I was in Texas for fire training for most of nov and then off. So Not sure what cylinder ya speak of... But that is how we role, if by coldest you mean at half the rate then yup sounds right!

On that old BDC EO compressor. We froze our azz the first few days.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF is with all the beards around that place? Like Duck Dynasty or something took over a chemical plant.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF is with all the beards around that place? Like Duck Dynasty or something took over a chemical plant.

Haven't noticed , but I've been gone. No beard here , with my new IC role have to set good example! LOL

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can lose all common sense...? Sounds like a site for my competition to work at... Lol.

I take safety seriously and have an excellent track record, but I guess what I am saying is I don't ever want the title "safety guy". Ever.

I'm all about safety ... It's 110% of my job! It just goes too far sometimes! With no value! Adding 25 sheets of paper does not always make it safer!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
water and waste water treatment is a booming industry, new regulations are getting tougher which means more plants being built creating new jobs.

Top Bottom