Carbon Fiber Nytro Project

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
Let’s face it, Yamahas aren’t the lightest sleds on the mountain. Yes, they are fast, and the list of aftermarket parts is extensive. But to create the highest Power-To-Weight ratio available, we need to shed some of those pounds and put that nitro on a carbon fiber diet.

C3 PowerSports has successfully developed a full carbon fiber chassis for both Arctic-Cat and Ski-Doo. We are now planning on building the lightest and strongest Yamaha chassis ever! This is your chance to help out, or be the first to have one. Rest assured you will have the fastest, lightest and best looking sled on the mountain!

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
What do Mclaren, Ferrari and The F-22 Raptor have in common? They are fast, and they are made with carbon fiber. The C3 Carbon Fiber Nytro, will be the Ferrari on the Snow.

Carbon Fiber is a lightweight material with a low density and excellent fatigue resistance. It is stronger than aluminum and can be made to form many complex shapes.

Reducing the weight of a snowmobile improves many of its characteristics such as responsiveness, acceleration/deceleration, floatation, and overall climbing ability. When carbon fiber is used to replace other materials to reduce the weight, increased strength and rigidity are also achieved. On top of all that, carbon fiber looks simply amazing.

Nytro Project

Similarly to C3 PowerSports M Series and XP chassis, the design for the first all carbon fiber chassis for Yamaha will have four objectives; to improve performance, strength and reliability while significantly reducing overall weight.

We plan on building a one piece monocoque chassis like our Carbon Fiber XP that will use our integrated fuel cell concept.

The integrated fuel cell or IFC uses an internal partitioned baffle system which moves fuel through three separate compartments and holds the fuel at the front of the tank for consistent delivery and mass centralization. This eliminates the “sloshing” effect found in conventional fuel tanks.

By at the same time as adding strength and creating an improved center of gravity, the IFC chassis allows for better overall handling and reduces rider fatigue on long rides.

This carbon fiber chassis will be designed to accept all stock and aftermarket components and will require no further fabricating. It will be available in all stock lengths up to or beyond 174” and will handle 3” lugs on a 16” wide track.

We plan on saving 100 lbs or more on the Nytro. This will be obtained with a Carbon Fiber Chassis, Body Panels and Hood. More can be saved with lightweight suspension.

Let us know what you think, what would make the Nytro better and give us a call to be one of the first to own one.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Just read your post about your thoughts on a Carbon Fiber Nytro. I own a 2009 Nytro with a MCX Turbo. On problem I find when looking for aftermarket parts (Such as tunnel dump exhaust and seats) CR Racing is really the only ones out there that have a Tunnel, Tunnel dump exhaust and seat combo that work well with the MCX Turbo. Other tunnels will work but you have to make the exhaust yourself, make the seat yourself, Or order the moutain mod seat and modify it to work. So long story short if you guys are able to design a kit that will work well with a MCX turbo I feel you would sell quite a few. Any ways love the idea of your fuel cell cause I absoulutly hate when the turbo is spooled up and the fuel runs to the back of the tank and stalls out, also if you guys are making the tank bigger then stock that is a huge bennifit cause every guy who has a nytro and rides in the back country has spent the $400 to get a trail tank for more capacity

If you were making a kit compatible with a MCX turbo I would be first in line to get one

Tyler

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
Objectives

Project Objectives

• Target weight savings will be 100 lbs +
  • Full carbon fiber chassis with integrated fuel cell IFC (C3 XP IFC holds 15gal)
  • Compatible with front & rear mount Turbos
  • Carbon Fiber Body Panels
  • Carbon Fiber Hood
  • Compatible with stock components
  • Handle 3” lugs on a 16” wide track and can be made as long as you want
  • Should be able to mount the Vector Engine as well
  • Looking into the propane kits
  • We would like to be able to fit the Apex, but I cant say for sure. We are looking into this.

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
Weight Savings

Thanks for the comments. A Ti front suspension would be another option to loose more pounds.

As for aftermarket coolers, we saved a few pounds on the XP chassis that we built. Every pound adds up in the end, which makes all the difference.

As for the weight savings, lets take a look at Ski-Doo. They claim to have one of the lightest chassis in the industry. The 2011 800 XP with a 154" track has an official dry weight of 489lbs. Our latest sled build with our carbon fiber parts with a 162" track, Turbo and other aftermarket parts came in at 414 lbs with enough fluids in it to start it up. That's over a 75lbs weight savings from a stock 154" to a turbocharged 162".

For some pictures of our last sled build

So if we can squeeze 75lbs off the Ski-Doo, we should be able to save 100lbs when we put the Yamaha on our carbon fiber diet!

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
Here are a few pictures of our past

PICT0052.jpg

C3 Carbon Fiber XP Chassis:

HPIM0900.jpg

HPIM0894.jpg

HPIM1313.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC05379.jpg

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
C3 PowerSports has given the Carbon Nytro project a green light. We are giving the first 20 customers who place an early deposit a $2500 discount!

We have estimated that a complete Carbon Fiber Nytro kit will be $10,500. This will include a full carbon fiber chassis with integrated fuel tank, carbon fiber side panels, hood and dash. It also includes performance coolers, running boards and drop brackets to fit your favourite suspension. All of this comes to $8,000 for the first 20 build slots…

• The chassis will be able to handle front and mid-mount turbo kits from Powderlites, MCX, Impulse and Alpine.
  • The chassis will be able to use either the Apex, Nytro or Vector engines
  • It will accept any length track up to the 174”x 16” x 2.5”
  • The integrated fuel cell will have more capacity then the stock tank and will also include our unique baffle system.
  • If you can fit a part on the stock Nytro, you can mount it on our chassis
  • We will utilize the Nytro geometry, but have an optional bracket to create a more rider forward feel.
  • All parts will be super light weight and strong. We have a total target weight loss of around 100 lbs.
  • We are also offering complete component swaps and turbo install services. If you want us to install all your parts (engine, suspension, turbo kit) and have it ready to ride for next season, C3 can make it happen!

Payment Plan:
To be eligible to be a part of this project, and be guaranteed to be riding for next season, an initial deposit of $2,000 is required. Another payment of $2,000 by August first, $2000 by September first, and the remainder upon completion.

The initial $2,000 deposit is refundable up until the point that we begin building your sled. You will be notified once production begins, receive updates along the way and be notified upon completion. You will also gain some input into the design and features of the production model.

Payment can be made online at

For serious inquiries only call 250-803-6852 or 250-833-2001

Last edited:

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
Nytro Project Update

We are halfway to having enough deposits to get this project on its way. We are still looking for a few more interested people to be a part of this project. To secure a complete sled build for the first snowfall, deposits must be made soon!

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this is a bit old but just saw it. I ran a mountain mod seat and Cr tunnel dump exhaust with a stock tunnel.

Hello Just read your post about your thoughts on a Carbon Fiber Nytro. I own a 2009 Nytro with a MCX Turbo. On problem I find when looking for aftermarket parts (Such as tunnel dump exhaust and seats) CR Racing is really the only ones out there that have a Tunnel, Tunnel dump exhaust and seat combo that work well with the MCX Turbo. Other tunnels will work but you have to make the exhaust yourself, make the seat yourself, Or order the moutain mod seat and modify it to work. So long story short if you guys are able to design a kit that will work well with a MCX turbo I feel you would sell quite a few. Any ways love the idea of your fuel cell cause I absoulutly hate when the turbo is spooled up and the fuel runs to the back of the tank and stalls out, also if you guys are making the tank bigger then stock that is a huge bennifit cause every guy who has a nytro and rides in the back country has spent the $400 to get a trail tank for more capacity

If you were making a kit compatible with a MCX turbo I would be first in line to get one

Tyler

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
it seams like there is more guys running turbo Apexs (myself is one of them) wonder what kind of weight they could chop of a Apex???

They bulit a M-series chassis with a turbo Apex front mount. I believe it was 150 pounds lighter then the apex they pulled the motor out of. I got to ride it and almost bought the sled, just finances didnt work out at the time. Wish I would have bought it now lol. It was amazing to have all that power and be that light! I really hope the Nytro project goes ahead! Come on Kevin at C3!

vjc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled is still being looked at, they are very busy with the new belt drive system. And yes I am on the list to get one!

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I may be interested for my nypex.....

Top Bottom