Carbides and Decks

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
Looking for any ideas to keep my carbides from chewing the crap out of my beavertail on my deck.Anyone got any thoughts on this problem.

BigDog67

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Bigdog67....

I'M WITH YOU MAN... I'M ON MY 2ND PRESSURE TREATED PLYWOOD DECK, AND ITS GETTING CHEWED TO BITS, ESPECIALLY AT THE EDGE BETWEEN THE RAMP OVER THE BEAVERTAIL ONTO THE DECK. IS THAT WHERE YOURS IS WEARING?? ON THE EDGE OF THE WOOD??:confused:

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey SummitRic,
Don't have a problem with the deck at all.It came with the corrigated plastic on the deck.Carbides never touch the wood and are actually suspended above the deck itself.My problem is just as your coming off the ramp on to the beavertail.The pipes on the beavertail are taking a beating.

BigDog67

P.S....An older plastic box liner cut into deck length strips is what I had on my old steel deck and worked really well.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Hey SummitRic,
Don't have a problem with the deck at all.It came with the corrigated plastic on the deck.Carbides never touch the wood and are actually suspended above the deck itself.My problem is just as your coming off the ramp on to the beavertail.The pipes on the beavertail are taking a beating.

BigDog67

P.S....An older plastic box liner cut into deck length strips is what I had on my old steel deck and worked really well.

Try PVC pipe of the appropriate size, cut and hose clamped over the aluminum. Lasts about 2 seasons then needs to be redone.

wepete

Reaction score
Was chewing up my wood pretty good on the deck so I took a side grinder and smoothed out the sharp edge on the front and back of the carbide and also smoothed out the whole length a bit. Working great but a painful process.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wood Deck Edge

I'm Going To Cut In Half A Pcv Pipe And Then Screw The 1/2 A Pipe Onto The Edge Of The Wood Deck So It's Nice And Smooth To Load And Unload, Without Chewing Up The Edge Of The Wood Deck.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ideas

:perfect10: :perfect10: Put a thread up there and look at all the good ideas. Thats what is so great about this site. Barry

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bigdog67 carbides

i use laminated flooring planks there hard as hell and the carbides don't cut in pop rivet to ramp so there easy to replace when they get old cheap go to flooring place find a open box there about 6-7 wide x 48in long can be painted have used them for 6 years no problems

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find Puck board is the best for ramps and bed liner best for decks.Only problem with bed liner is it does not match dual carbides very well. Puck board is near indisstrutable and slippery like snot perfect ramp material.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For qauds just roll on a hooked traction mat it works great. Only problem I have is on my 4 place open trailer I designed a pvc roller at the peak point for dragging overnight wagons Dont hit this point with a enough speed and it's like your on a dyno run. For sure skinnybitch never do a complete floor for qauds other wise its like demolition derby in a box.Did that years ago thank God it was enclosed. open trailer, 4 qauds,complete puck board floor oh man don't even want to speculate.This post is reminding me of all the stupid things I've tryed. Bye going to lay down now.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So has anyone tried Line-X sprayed over a wooden deck?
I am wondering how well it stands up to carbides and does it seperate from the deck?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sprayliner Over Wood

Ask Ron(rknight111 - Founder Of This Site) From This Site..... He Sprayed The Inside Of His 4 Place Enclosed Trailer And From What I've Seen, He Hasn't Had Any Problems With It Peeling...........;)

Top Bottom