Carb tunning help

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK
It has been a while since I have had to play with these things but here it goes. Couple of weeks ago I was given a couple of old sleds . I am currently working on the 92 arctic cat ext . Had it going on the weekend. Took the carbs into work and cleaned them all out. Slightly gummed up as it has been sitting for 5+ years. Now I am putting it back together. Followin the service manual. Well that is not working. It starts now as long as I hold the throttle open and play with it. As soon as I let go it will die. I have been playing with the air fuel mixture screw, does not seem to make a difference. And also tried the main air screw. directions say screw out one turn. It seems the vibration is causing it to re seat it self. Another question is if the choke is adjusted to tight could this create a idling issue

sorry that this is so long but it is hard to explain will not idle without explaing what I have tried or think I have tried

Thanks for any support
:sadbanana::sadbanana:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if teh choke was on a bit when the engine is warm it would want to kill it forsure.. also make sure that you remove the pilot / main and starter jets and make sure they have no blockages whatsoever, aswell as the passages int he carbs, i had the same problem on an old sled, i just cleaned the outside, bowls of the carbs and whatnot, and still had the problem, as soon as i cleaned the pilot jet it ran like a top..

Top Bottom