Car Starters??

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, looking to purchase a car starter for my VW Jetta, nothing special, all it has to do is start my car by push of a button and tell me that it started. Any recommendations as to where buy one for a good price in the greater Edmonton area?

Thanks

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a new one in the box that I never installed. I might sell it cheap just to get rid of it I will post the make. And some pics.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what year is your jetta i have an 2011 jetta tdi and i wanted a car starter and they told me it will void my warranty i guess vw has really chitty wiring that what the service guy told me and a car starter raises chit with the wiring thats my 2 cents

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what year is your jetta i have an 2011 jetta tdi and i wanted a car starter and they told me it will void my warranty i guess vw has really chitty wiring that what the service guy told me and a car starter raises chit with the wiring thats my 2 cents

2008 city jetta, auto trans, reg gas. I have no warranty now anyway, 100,000km, Think I will give certified radio that summitric mentioned a call.....

Thanks

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
2008 city jetta, auto trans, reg gas. I have no warranty now anyway, 100,000km, think i will give certified radio that summitric mentioned a call.....

Thanks

certified is probably the most experienced with remote starters in the city, bar none........... Good luck and post-up what they recomend

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics. It is a ultra start and security 80 series. Make me a offer that I can not refuse. It is brand new got it as a gift. I use audio obsession sound in Sherwood Park they are really good and reasonable

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320779424.027246.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320779424.027246.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 70
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320779439.732032.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320779439.732032.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Outbound86

Reaction score
I don't think the VW TDI has chitty wiring --- I have 241,000 miles on mine and it still runs fine, wiring and all. By the way, it still gets 50+ mpg. I did have a car starter installed on my wife's $70,000 Lexus and it screwed that car up until I had it removed. I think it is the chitty car starters from China that are the problem, not the cars. They install some crap from China to out think the car computer and try to do it with a "one car-starter fits all cars" unit and it causes lots of problems. I tried it on two different cars and finally gave up.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the VW TDI has chitty wiring --- I have 241,000 miles on mine and it still runs fine, wiring and all. By the way, it still gets 50+ mpg. I did have a car starter installed on my wife's $70,000 Lexus and it screwed that car up until I had it removed. I think it is the chitty car starters from China that are the problem, not the cars. They install some crap from China to out think the car computer and try to do it with a "one car-starter fits all cars" unit and it causes lots of problems. I tried it on two different cars and finally gave up.[/QUOte

WELL I GUESS THE SERVICE MANAGER AT SOUTHGATE VW AND GARY MOE VW IN REDDEER DONT KNOW ANYTHING JUST GOING WHAT THEY BOTH TOLD ME AND VW THEY ARE A PIECE OF CHIT $500 BUCKS TO CHANGE THE OIL AND FUEL FILTER HAHAHA ASS CLOWNS THIS WILL BE THE LAST DAS AUTO IN MY DRIVEWAY YEAH THEY GET 50 MPG BUT THE SCREW U ON SERVICING I CHANGE OIL IN MY BIG TRUCKS CHEAPER JUST SAYING

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do my own oil changes, ctire sells the oil on sale castrol syn 5w 40 for VW's, I never listen to the service folks at VW south gate, I had my car in because a thermostat light burnt out and I couldn't figure out how to change it ($100 to fix, ouch) they also did a check up thing on the car and told me to change my rear break pads there sitting at 80%, like WTF.....I said no thanks have a nice day.

I think VW may start losing customers if they keep it up, When I was last there a guy was almost crying as his bill for trans fluid change and oil change was $1300.00 on TDI models ( he was yelling out how much it was, thats why I know, lol). VW needs to realize that folks buy new cars so they don't have exspensive garage bills.....my VW is my last VW to sit in my drive way as well....basically because of the service departments....that and there is only ever two or three dealers per city. that my two bits...lol

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics. It is a ultra start and security 80 series. Make me a offer that I can not refuse. It is brand new got it as a gift. I use audio obsession sound in Sherwood Park they are really good and reasonable

Why dont you use it? its a gift.....

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
certified is probably the most experienced with remote starters in the city, bar none........... Good luck and post-up what they recomend

Good luck trying to get ahold of anyone there, I called twice and left my number once this afternoon with a nice lady, not sure who....still no call from anyone, lol, must be one busy store!!! I'll try again tomorrow....

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always bought and installed my car starters with Visions. Bought a total of 6 of them in the last 10 years(all different vehicles, mine and other family members) Have never had any problems at all. Prices are always good and never had to wait long for my installs.

Top Bottom