Capstan winch rental

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to rent an engine powered capstan style rope winch with 3000lb pull.

I have some fallers doing some work at our cabin and all supplies have to be boated in.

the princess auto unit is a little under powered at 2000lb but I'm looking for a similar design.

1634838502397.png

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not enough pull, that unit you're thinking of is the same winch as above just with a different driver.

I know they can use snatch blocks and other rigging. I just want to try and get them exactly what they want to use.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have power or a geni you could rent a electrical tugger from cat Rentals/wirtinan
Electric

pm me if they don’t rent to the pubic and you can use my account.

1634842995119.png
1634843069622.png

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I was thinking cable puller too... Thanks for the offer man, I'll be in touch if needed.

What size genny does that thing need, do you know?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Lewis looks to be exactly what a guy needs, sorry to doubt you earlier. Now finding a rental outfit for them is a different story... Any more tips?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The Lewis looks to be exactly what a guy needs, sorry to doubt you earlier. Now finding a rental outfit for them is a different story... Any more tips?
If you need a contact with Cat the rental store pm me..... I'm a finning minion I'll try to hook you up

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey was wondering when you use one of these do you have to be square ( for lack of a better word ) to what your pulling or can it be off a bit. I know nothing about these rope winches.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I was thinking cable puller too... Thanks for the offer man, I'll be in touch if needed.

What size genny does that thing need, do you know?
Plugs into a regular 15 amp 120 volt outlet. Not a huge draw. I’d think the little honda 2000 or equivalent would do it.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey was wondering when you use one of these do you have to be square ( for lack of a better word ) to what your pulling or can it be off a bit. I know nothing about these rope winches.
The one I posted has chain vice straps that are used to clap it around a I-beam or the floor mount etc... You would just strap it around the base of another tree or another anchor in the direction you wanna pull. Long rope and cord and pull from the opposite side. The more wraps you have around the drum the more jam.

Last edited:

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you do not need supper strong to fall a tree especially if you have experienced fallers your just guiding with the winch. I cleared my whole back yard by myself and the 2500 on my atv... Everything landed where i wanted it and in not experienced but had a faller show me the tricks over the summer while they were falling trees elseware

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'll tell you..... I hired professionals to drop 4 trees. Each are over 100' tall, and are hanging over the 4 corners of the log cabin that my grandpa built... I'm not taking chances. That's what the fallers asked for, I'll get what they want to use.

3 Black aspens that I cant wrap my arms around.... and one birch that will make good firewood!!

Top Bottom