canvas / vinyl shrinking

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
anyone know how to stretch out canvas or vinyl? can you soak it and then try to stretch it, or is there any tricks, the top for my boat has shrunk about 1-2" just wondering if anyone knows any tricks

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know how to stretch out canvas or vinyl? can you soak it and then try to stretch it, or is there any tricks, the top for my boat has shrunk about 1-2" just wondering if anyone knows any tricks

buy a new one? :eek:

mtnluvr

Reaction score
I've had some luck by soaking the tarp down really thoroughly then snapping it on. That was with one made up of the older canvas type material, not sure it would work on the new stuff. Good Luck

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

get it wet :d
had the same issue with mine last year to soak it in the lake goes on easy peasy.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I would imagine if you got it good and hot might be able to stretch it out if you get it on leave it on and let it snow on it next winter ...then it will be to big :d

Top Bottom