can't plug in my truck

snopro08

Reaction score
Just bought a 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn (6.7 cummins) and I can't for the life of me find the cord to plug it in. Manual says on the right side by the headlamp. Not there. Can anyone help it is getting pretty cold out and the wifey doesn't want to park her vehicle outside.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Follow it from where it leaves the block,may have to get underneath to track it.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn (6.7 cummins) and I can't for the life of me find the cord to plug it in. Manual says on the right side by the headlamp. Not there. Can anyone help it is getting pretty cold out and the wifey doesn't want to park her vehicle outside.

Bwahhaahaa that's funny......... Oh wait a minute that reminds me I have to locate mine again.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it back to your dealer and let them find it. Thats what I did with my new Duramax.
Took them about 15 minutes to find and untie it for me. Should of been done as part of P.D.I.

snopro08

Reaction score
Yup that is where it was. Still pretty hard to find it is not very visible. Thanks

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to say the same but you found it. Wish it was longer on my truck. Would be easier to plug in.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
funny because i would see mine by the hook and say why is this so short mmmmmmmmm glad u found it and how do u like truck and if anybody needs any acc i can or will be anybody with prices on stuff just pm meon what u need and will get prices.

PBNFLD

Reaction score
I Had the exact same problem on my Dodge. Felt pretty stupid after I called the dealer and they told me where it actually was.

snopro08

Reaction score
Yeah I felt a little stupid even posting it but didn't feel like crawling around in the snow looking for it. Figured someone would be able to help on here, and they did. So thanks again.

aaron_m

Reaction score
I Had the exact same problem on my Dodge. Felt pretty stupid after I called the dealer and they told me where it actually was.

Same thing here. Ended up locating it, on the coldest fricken day of the year. SOB

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the Dodge? but my Duramx block heater wont even turn on until -20 even if its plugged in, (which it hasn't hi yet).
I don't plug mine in until it gets that cold out.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gm's are all that way for quite a long time now. They have a thermostat built into the cord head and will not pass power until -18 C. Or you can just cut the factory end off, toss it and plug it in whenever. Even my 04 6.0 liter has the thermostat in the cord end.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chit my f350 needed to be pluged in at 0 or colder if I wanted to go to work.....LOL

Top Bottom