cant get it started

tdub

Reaction score
I have a 92 polaris 350L 4x4 two stroke that I had running the other day, but it bogged out and died and will not start again.
I have spark @ the plug (I checked) and it seems to want to start but just makes a woosh and boggs a bit soon as it starts to fire. I can smell burning fuel so think its getting gas (it makes a little tiny bit of smoke) but how can I be sure? if I have spark, is there anything in the wiring that will stop it from running (like ignition) keeping in mind that I could pull start it yesterday? Is there a place I can download a free Haynes or Clymer manual?
Or does anyone have one they could scan the wire schematics and send or post? would love some help thanks!
p.s model# w928139

Last edited by a moderator:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you got spark I would bet it is one of the other two. Is the plug wet or dry, after trying to start? If it is wet you are not getting sufficiant spark, or to much fuel, maybe try another plug. I would check your air filter and intake to the carb. make sure that it is clean and clear, from the air box to the carb. If you haven't run it in a while pull the carb off and clean it out and make sure that your float is not sticking. This would cause it to either flood or not idle depending were it is sitting. Spark, fuel, and air if one is not right she won't run. The reason that i don't think that it is your wiring is you have spark. Hope this helps you out.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also good time for mice to start hiding in places. check the exhaust pipe for any blockage.
second would be with the temps are getting colder that you may have bad gas or water in there causing carb problems.

:twocents:

bt650i

Reaction score
Here is the wiring schematic, try unplugging your rev limiter... I had a 93
350L and i think that i had to diconnect it too.... been a while....let me know it ya need anything else from the book....;)

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 207

tdub

Reaction score
thanks guys i'll try that stuff and see what i get...

tdub

Reaction score
is that on the bars? cause that one is disconnected already...

bt650i

Reaction score
on mine it was right behind th eheadlight on the left hand side kinda be side the wiring box.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw this on another forum, maybe give you some idea.

2002 SCRAMBLER 500 4X4 WOULD NOT START WITH KEY, IT WOUKD TURN OVER BUT NOT FIRE, IT HAD SPARK, IT WOULD START FINE WITH PULL ROPE.
REMOVED RECOIL, FLYWHEEL AND SENSOR COIL. CLEANED SENSOR COIL, IT HAS TWO CIRCUITS, CLEANED DIRT AND FILINGS FROM IN BETWEEN TWO METAL STRIPS, ALSO ON NEWER MODELS THE SENSOR COIL IS ADJUSTABLE.
I FILED MOUNTING HOLES SO I COULD MOVE CLOSER TO FLYWHEEL.
ELECTRIC START NOW WORKS PERFECT.
HOPE THIS MAY HELP OTHERS FROM HAVING THE SAME FRUSTRATIONS I HAD.

Top Bottom