Candles to Remember 2010 - Fundraiser for the Canadian Avalanche Centre

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Snowmobile Clubs and Riders,

Winter of 2008-09 – A devastating year for mountain snowmobilers
Canada experienced a record number of snowmobile related avalanche fatalities

The public has not forgotten….nor has the media.

Join us in this opportunity to create a “Good News Story” and support avalanche safety for snowmobilers.

On February 26, 2010 we are launching “Candles to Remember”, an annual fundraiser in memory of snowmobilers who have lost their lives to avalanches. The money raised through this four-week fundraiser will be presented to the Canadian Avalanche Centre (CAC). The proceeds will fund snowmobile specific avalanche initiatives and awareness campaigns.

Our goal is to motivate at least 20 Groups across Canada to sell 160 candle sets each. An opportunity to donate more than $20,000 to back-country safety all in one month, you too could be a part of this!

How to join us:

1. Call or E-mail me with your club info so I can send you order forms.
2. Hand out order forms to club members or anyone who wants to participate, they go to their friends and family and collect orders and money. Cash or Cheques only, cheques must be made out to Canadian Avalanche Centre
3. Once order’s and money are collected, make sure that your club name is on the form
4. Send orders and money to me, I will then submit the orders and 35% of the profits will go to the CAC.
5. Orders will be sent out to the main contact on each order form for them to hand back out to their friends and family.
Orders must be submitted by Midnight March 26, 2010

Top club or group that sells the most candle sets get a Custom Avalanche Workshop courtesy of Zac’s Tracs

Top individual sales will also be awarded.

This program is very dear to my heart as I lost two special people last season. While efforts like this will not bring these men back perhaps our activities will save other families from a similar loss. We all have too much to lose. Let’s take action to reverse this trend.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for more information.

Sincerely,
Smiley (Sherry)
780-719-7045
sherrylynn@datanet.ab.ca

All Vendors interested in supporting this cause please contact for more information:

TylerG (Tyler)
780-991-9507
tygeddes@telus.net

Last edited:
  • Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Candles to Remember 2010......

Alright Folks, here are the scents.

The packs are 2 tins or 2 jars. $18 plus applicable taxes, shipped direct to the person you order from and distributed from there.

Attachments

• PL_Scents.jpg
    PL_Scents.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 294
  • Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Just bringing this back to the top.

This should be something that any one of you here on the site would contribute to. All moneys raised go to the Canadian Avalanche Center towards SNOWMOBILING Specific initiatives. We have lost way too many snowmobilers to Avalanches in the past years, and its time to take action reverse the trend and try to get as much money raised that we possibly can.

Please folks, get on board, order a sales kit, sell to your friends, I can guarantee we have some awesome prizes for top individual sales and an even better prize for top group sales.

Contact myself or Sherry for more information.

Tyler

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tyler,
I would like to purchase 2 sets from the club or someone in the Hazelton/Smithers area and have them delivered or mailed to my mother-in-law in Hazelton, BC. She could probably pick them up also. It would be really great if there was some way I could use our Canadian Credit card. Does RBC have bill pay? My husband is Canadian, but we live in the US. He still maintains one bank account up there though.

I think that his is awesome. Education is so important and it is even more important to REMEMBER and to use the education, because it does happen and it can happen to you.

Let me know. Thank you for doing this.

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Tyler,
I would like to purchase 2 sets from the club or someone in the Hazelton/Smithers area and have them delivered or mailed to my mother-in-law in Hazelton, BC. She could probably pick them up also. It would be really great if there was some way I could use our Canadian Credit card. Does RBC have bill pay? My husband is Canadian, but we live in the US. He still maintains one bank account up there though.

I think that his is awesome. Education is so important and it is even more important to REMEMBER and to use the education, because it does happen and it can happen to you.

Let me know. Thank you for doing this.

Unfortunately we cannot take credit cards. Cash or check only, then the seller (whomever it might be) will be shipped the product at the end of the campaign to distribute. I will keep my ears to the ground of clubs in the Smithers area looking to get on board and will have one of them sell them to you. I would but I'm not sure how I would cover the shipping to Smithers.

Thanks

Tyler

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Okay, Once again, bringing this back up to the top.

If every member on this site bought 1 candle set for $18 + Tax. We would be making a total contribution from SNOWANDMUD.COM to the Canadian Avalanche Center of $117,810 towards SNOWMOBILE SAFETY INITIATIVES. What's the hold up people?

The candle flame signifies someone close to us we have lost, and the value of our lives. What's it going to take to motivate you guys to purchase these Candle sets?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ok TG you had me worried with the title. I thought maybe you were selling party light?

I'll bring you some cash to the sud's night and order a set of each.

TTT.......

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You know, if you hit up the Wednesday night ride crew / bogger and his twin brother that right there is a few bucks......

Come on guys, think of the brownie points you'll score with the Mrs.......

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Where do we send cheques and order forms?

Todd you can forward them to me:

3727 16A Avenue
Edmonton, AB
T6L 3M1

Please make all cheques payable to the Canadian Avalanche Centre

We will also be at Wednesday Suds Night @ The Beer Hunter!

Smiley

Reaction score

Ok EVERYONE!!!!

This is how easy and fast this project is grabbing attention.

I just had a lady ( that I never met ) phone me, she brought me an order form filled out. 22 Candles sets!!!!! Amazing

So do you want the top prizes supplies by our vendors!!! I know you do, show your friends and family, co-workers. Its such a good cause.
CAC is using the money raised to help us!!! Snowmobilers!!!!

Together we can make a difference:beer:

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ok, come on guys. I managed to do this and I live in the US. I will make brownie points with the mother-in-law too. Tyler should get the check tomorrow. Total should be $40.32 for 2 sets, check should be for $45. from a nice guy by the name of Chance. He is getting 3 sets of hood tie downs for it. Good deal for all and much appreciated.

Tyler, I will PM you my order. Thanx again.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Have a look at the Global Edmonton News Story about this initiative!

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ok EVERYONE!!!!

This is how easy and fast this project is grabbing attention.

I just had a lady ( that I never met ) phone me, she brought me an order form filled out. 22 Candles sets!!!!! Amazing

So do you want the top prizes supplies by our vendors!!! I know you do, show your friends and family, co-workers. Its such a good cause.
CAC is using the money raised to help us!!! Snowmobilers!!!!

Together we can make a difference:beer:

send me a bill for 10 sets....i will forward you a check! with pleasure....

Terry

fax 780-826-4073

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

send me a bill for 10 sets....i will forward you a check! with pleasure....

Terry

fax 780-826-4073

Terry,

We'll get you an order form to fill out, as you will have to pick your scents.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com

Todd you can forward them to me:

3727 16A Avenue
Edmonton, AB
T6L 3M1

Please make all cheques payable to the Canadian Avalanche Centre

We will also be at Wednesday Suds Night @ The Beer Hunter!

TG,

Could not make it last eve. A cheque was just mailed to the address above for 5 sets = $94.50.

Thanks for fronting this for S&M.

Todd.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

TG,

Could not make it last eve. A cheque was just mailed to the address above for 5 sets = $94.50.

Thanks for fronting this for S&M.

Todd.

Todd,

I'll just need to know what "scents" you want, or do you want to just make it a variety?

Tyler

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

In light of what has happened today in Revelstoke, I'm going to bump this back up to the top. The more money we donate to the CAC the more informative the avalanche bulletins can be. Come on people, there is no reason why we can't all donate to this cause.

Download the order form here:

Fill it out, attach your check, and then mail it to me at:

3727 16A Avenue
Edmonton, AB
T6L 3M1

Top Bottom