Canda US. Boarder?

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if I should be upSET! Cost of barbless fish hooks Candian tire $14.98, US. cost .98 cents? Clutch and pressure plate Lordco $695.00, US. $274! New 2012 sleds up $4000.00 or more cheaper in US? Furance filters Home hard wear $16.00 for one, US two for $8.50. At least now I know what the boarder is for, its controled by corperation to charge Double or more for the people that live north of the boarder. just thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rezz

Reaction score
Even Canadian products are cheaper in US, specially Canadian beer

SnowDog

Reaction score
Yes it really sucks, was in Maui two weeks ago and gas is cheaper in Maui than Edmonton,cheaper in the middle of the frickin pacific ocean...unreal !!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it really sucks, was in Maui two weeks ago and gas is cheaper in Maui than Edmonton,cheaper in the middle of the frickin pacific ocean...unreal !!

So it goes from truck to plane or boat......rather than a pipeline or truck to canada.............right......makes perfect sense. Wow brutal

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we got hosed up here in canada on a lot of the essential goods and it really sucks! my belt for my etec in idaho $75 here in alberta $190. even my truck accessories are ridiculously cheaper in the states than they are in canada

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Average wage in U.S. 8HR Average in Canada 23HR - Might have something to do with it!!

P.S. Numbers are not perfect-only used to make point....

BirdieO

Reaction score
I think that corporations in Canada have always used the excuse that importing is expensive and so they feel they are justified in setting their prices ridiculously high to make an extra buck...that may have worked back in the day when people didn't cross border shop like they do now or when online shopping was not around...
As someone who is in the business of importing goods from the US to retail and wholesale them in Canada...I can tell you, there is NO good reason for it!! We are a small fish in a big sea and we don't mark our products up an astronomical amount to make an extra dollar...anyone that tells you that they have to, is full of it!! IMO:d

As far as liquor and fuel goes, the only thing I can think of that would have sort of bearing on pricing overseas or anywhere else would be the incredible amount we pay in taxes in Canada on that sort of stuff...I'm definitely far from being an expert on that but it seems logical...to some degree.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I priced out some bd diesel part , which are made in b.c and the canadian prices where about 25% higher. Couldn't believe it. The dollar is par and the prices are still different. Just don't understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
The Government is looking into it. Will anything ever come out of these Senate meetings? Who Knows, but Finance Minister Jim Flaherty is trying to do something.

Here are a couple of links I found:
Flaherty taps Senate to probe retail prices - Business - CBC News
Senate launches study into Canada-U.S. price discrepancies | News | National Post
Notice - National Finance

Ya right just like every time the investigate the fuel prices! Another study which will cost us tax payers and nothing will come about of it!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I priced out some bd diesel part , which are made in b.c and the canadian prices where about 25% higher. Couldn't believe it. The dollar is par and the prices are still different. Just don't understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

your exactly right when i call bd direct for my dealer price they give me a decent price when i call my supplier in idaho for the same bd part I get an even bigger discount! same with kokanee brewed in creston but is twice the price here in canada compared to the states

HID power

Reaction score
your exactly right when i call bd direct for my dealer price they give me a decent price when i call my supplier in idaho for the same bd part i get an even bigger discount! Same with kokanee brewed in creston but is twice the price here in canada compared to the states

kokanee......a little bit of trudeau in every can.....yuk

DingoNutz

Reaction score
I totally agree with all the comments and I hate to say it but most of it boils down to "demand." One of the only ways to bring the prices down on commodities is to not buy them. We all complain about the high prices of items like ATV's and sleds, but do we stop buying them.....no. What do you think companies would do if not a single person sno-checked a sled, or nobody bought an ATV for an entire year, think things would change? Darn right they would. As long as we keep paying the prices, they will keep selling them at those prices. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom