Canadian highways conditions question?

94fordguy

Ok, I'm headed up into Canada on a trip tomorrow, checked the highway conditions for "Highway 3 - Crowsnest Highway" to take me from the Idaho border to Sparwood and then turning north up to Elkford.

My question is; What exactly does "Falling Ice" mean?:confused::confused: Never heard of that one down here in the U.S... It shows that from the border up to Cranbrook and then over to Fernie before changing to clear status for the rest of the drive.

Also, if anyone would be so kind as to tell me what kind of road that is, I would appreciate it (windy mountain valley, etc). Only other place I have been into Canada in the last year is up to Revelstoke Via 97 through Kelowna and that was pretty easy going... Am I going to be looking at something similar to the drive from Sicamous to Revelstoke for some of that distance?

Thanks, I really appreciate any insight you can give:beer::beer::beer::Snowmobile1:

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The falling ice would be ice falling off the cliffs in those areas, just like rock.

This time of year with the melting conditions alot of debris will be coming down, very dangerous at night... Hard on tires.

That road is very good, no problems.

94fordguy

Thanks Pinner:beer::d

We're gonna be driving during the day (10 hr trip), so shouldn't have any visibility problems short of bad weather.

Thanks again:cool:

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try and plan lunch at the Moyie Pub about 30 min north of the border, good pub food. And then there is the Good Grief Idaho bar... And then....

Never mind, Just try the fish and chips at Moyie, and the deep fried appys.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ROADS SHOULD DRY UP TODAY,,, sorry caps,,, sun is out,, pretty smooth sailing, Fernie to Elkford is a bit slower moving, 80km/hr most the time but roads are all good

Top Bottom