Canada and the olmypics

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Who watched the opening ceromonies?
Vancouver did an outstanding job.

I hear they are putting a snowmobile hill climb class in for the next winter olympics.....

Boarders are in so why not us?

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The opening ceremony was amazing, EXCELLENT visual effects. Just about as good as the Ladies hockey game playing right now..... 1st period.. CANADA... 7 Slavkia...0... the big goose egg :d:d:d GO CANADA GO !!!!!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear they are putting a snowmobile hill climb class in for the next winter olympics.....

Boarders are in so why not us?

Something about the gasoline powered excuse.. HAAH

From what I saw it was ok, but KD Lang.... Halalujia, Halalujia, Halalujia, Halalujia,Halalujia, Halalujia,.... Gawd let it rest...LOL

rob350

Reaction score
I had mixed opinions on it.

The whole snow boarder recording, then appearing jumping into the arena was pretty cool.
Rick Hansen had cool lighting when he entered.
The idea of having 5 people light the cauldron was awesome.
At first i did not like the music, but after thinking about it they made a good all around choice to keep everyone happy
Good choices for those carrying the Olympic flag (from those i remember)

Hydraulic malfunction sucked
Long wait time for Gretzky to get from the arena to the other cauldron (standing on back of truck) was boring
While watching the truck for like 15 minutes, anyone else notice the duct tape put over the passenger side head light? Probably to stop camera glare, just when they cut the pieces 3-4 inches longer than they needed to cover the light it look kinda unprofessional. But i guess the duck tape was Canadian like
Opera for the Olympic hymn, really?

west coast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way too much indian ass kissing. KD lang the vegetarian lezbo singing a jew tune nearly made me puke up my steak. I am intolerant.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something about the gasoline powered excuse.. HAAH

From what I saw it was ok, but KD Lang.... Halalujia, Halalujia, Halalujia, Halalujia,Halalujia, Halalujia,.... Gawd let it rest...LOL

Isn't that an old Leonard Cohen song, I thought she did a good job. I think the best part was the poet.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I though the interprative dancing was "gary without the r", but some of the Canadians they dug up for the event were great. I was once a huge F1 and indy car fan and was stoked to See Jaques Villaneuve carring the flag, and rick hansen. I also thought it was funny that old # 99 was riding in a chevy after his long relationship with Ford.

On another note, whats up with the garbage tricks that the American chick who won the moguls did last night to win gold ? A dead sailor 360 and a dead sailor back flip, most of the 10 year olds who ski the terrain park across the street from my house at Canada Olympic park can do that, judged sports are not sports......more like ballet.

Also, if "Bob Gnarley" or the "frenchie with the dreadlocks" would have not given up and coasted on the last few laps of the speed skating we/he would have won a bronze at least, but thats a lazy hippie for ya.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KD lang??? seriously is that the best we can come up with, how is this has been even a little revelent.

Top Bottom