Can you praise the attibutes of another brand?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two sleds a 2012 assult rmk powder track
and a 2012 600 switchback pro

If I only had one sled it might be a doo summit because it is a better trail sled than the rmk.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate ski-doo mostly because of all the people on forums that own skidoos run down other brands as much as they can. That and the fact that a person in the united states can buy one cheaper than us. BUT,

They do perform well. And with a big bore they perform amazing. Once you give the chassis a honest day or two of riding, it really grows on you. So much so that when you go back to your polaris or cat, it feels wrong. The Skidoo for me, feels like a great "stand up riding" riding style of sled. Once you get used to it.
It took me a long time to get used to it, and just last year I could hop on my friends xp and really have fun riding it. But it is also in the ergonomics of how the sled is set up. His feels completely different than his father-in-laws etec did to me.

But that's also mountain riding, not trail riding. Consider giving a trail converted IQR a try if you can especially if it's long tracked. Very similar to a xp

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own Cat because I get treated very well by my local dealer. I have rode both the new Polaris and Ski-doo mountain sleds and would have no problem running one of them if I wasn't treated so well by my Cat dealer.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the Yamaha stuff. Going through some of the passes when the wind is howling, it's nice to have some weight in the trailer to keep it on the road.

Kidding aside, my uncle is a Polaris guy and his machines defy all of the internet stuff a guy can read. When he buys, he rides it basically from the dealership as is and adds gas and oil for the next three years without touching a thing and trades it back in. Rarely has any sort of hiccup and he doesn't take care of things very well.

They are all good when they run. All have their problems and faults, all have their benefits. I find the most important thing is dealer support. Can have the best machine but shoddy dealer support and I probably wouldn't take it.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't mind ski-doo, would be a super close secound, but Polaris is 1st! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not snowmobile related........but dont tell anyone i would honestly consider a can am for my next quad :)

Sent while not working too hard

snowho

Reaction score
I like them all and had them all. Right now I am on 2012 800 RMK pro and love it. The best sleds are the ones that run well and are paid for other than that 1) pull rope 2) push throttle 3) hang on 4)have fun

Top Bottom