Can ohs be bought off ???

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WCB are crooks I went on a go round with them and still are

Sent from my iPhone using
I was totally blown away by my bud's story with them med....they are royally fawking him over. he would have been way better off suing, and his employer is in 100% agreement that he should have gone that way.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wcb are nothing but crooks that should be hunted down and hung like the scum they are. They will screw you over first chance they can. Only enity in canada that cant be sued!!!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I was totally blown away by my bud's story with them med....they are royally fawking him over. he would have been way better off suing, and his employer is in 100% agreement that he should have gone that way.

I have another meeting with the WCB douches this summer.

Sent from my phone

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck in you're recovery ponyboy.I just hope for the rest of my day's
I never have to deal with scum like WCB. My sister had a workplace accident and broke her back,
4-5 weeks later WCB said she was good to go and could return to full duty.
I hope carma rears its ugly head and repays those that live off of the pain of others.
Rant over.
All the best wishes for a full recovery for you.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just signed on and sorry to hear of your injury. There are a couple of good bits of advice here but there is some BS starting to pile up too. I suggest you contact someone familiar with Workers' Compensation as your immediate care is the principal concern. Good luck

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just signed on and sorry to hear of your injury. There are a couple of good bits of advice here but there is some BS starting to pile up too. I suggest you contact someone familiar with Workers' Compensation as your immediate care is the principal concern. Good luck
what BS....that WCB has fawked over more than a few people?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I too agree that a lot of the legit claims get screwed over and the educated players play the system for a free ride which inevitably screw's everyone in the long run.

WCB has a schedule of recovery for injuries which they go by, if they say your healed and your not go to your doctor get him/her to assess and then go back to WCB with the info, be prepared to appeal and fight for your claim.

Sad the system has come to this but with all the players out there it is what it is and the uneducated honest people pay the price. Same as dealing with insurance companies.

I've heard of people with back or shoulder injuries off work for weeks/months at a time but yet they are out shovelling their driveways or using a roto tiller to rough up the ice on the driveway so it's not so slippery? Those are the ones that make it hard on the legit guys.

what BS....that WCB has fawked over more than a few people?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I too agree that a lot of the legit claims get screwed over and the educated players play the system for a free ride which inevitably screw's everyone in the long run.

WCB has a schedule of recovery for injuries which they go by, if they say your healed and your not go to your doctor get him/her to assess and then go back to WCB with the info, be prepared to appeal and fight for your claim.

Sad the system has come to this but with all the players out there it is what it is and the uneducated honest people pay the price. Same as dealing with insurance companies.

I've heard of people with back or shoulder injuries off work for weeks/months at a time but yet they are out shovelling their driveways or using a roto tiller to rough up the ice on the driveway so it's not so slippery? Those are the ones that make it hard on the legit guys.
I totally agree. there are probably a lot more fraudulent claims than legit ones, but the extent they go to trying to discredit legitimately injured workers and bully their employers is ridiculous, and bordering on criminal.

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's strange, because WCB was good to me, but they said here is the date when you will be back before I even had missed a full day of work. Plus being on WCB dropped me about $100.00 below a tax bracket for the year so I will thank them for that

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Day 20 in DV Hospital..... things are looking good .... got all my staples out .... can move a little on my own now .....wont be getting out any time soon though.... THANX for everyone's comments ..... I know now that OH@S is all over it , and not being swept under the table , as is WCB . it is XMAS time , so I'm sure I will be play a waiting game till Jan . rumor has it that the company I subbed through is putting together a package of sorts ... will wait and see ... I also have a friend that talked to the company and said that they will put my welding truck on some structural jobs after xmas ... thanks again , and Merry Xmas

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's strange, because WCB was good to me, but they said here is the date when you will be back before I even had missed a full day of work. Plus being on WCB dropped me about $100.00 below a tax bracket for the year so I will thank them for that

Not sure what the tax bracket has to do with it. Higher tax brackets only pay higher tax on the portion that is over. There is zero benefit to taking less $$ to be in a smaller tax bracket.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my helper and I had just finished building a 3 '' hot bend pipeline riser about 40 feet long .... we hooked on to the middle and started to carry it over to x-ray , I was in the front , one guy in the back . when I gave the thumb's up to the operator to start rolling forward I turned my back so I could see where I was walking , things were going good ... as I have done this the same way for years ..double slings and shackle's ... something happened behind me that I believe was " operator error " the guy in the back got knocked down "no injuries " my end of the pipe came up and smashed me in the face like a Chuck Liddell punch right outa Texas . but I did not let go of the pipe WTF I hung on for I have no idea ... next thing I know I am lifted about 25 feet in the air and thrown about 50 feet sideways landing on the frozen ground . the operator says he did not see a thing ( bull**** ) but that is his statement .....and , no mandatory piss test for anyone on the Pen West ticket that day .... apparently the fellow with OH@S is the lead investigator for the Edmonton and surrounding area.... so know I just sit and wait

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was in Edmonton for 10 days ... now in Drayton Valley for the last 10 and counting .... on a good note , I only live 3 blocks from DV hospital.... so I am good but Thank you Kbrunlees

Last edited:
Top Bottom