can i start my own chat about my customers

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it could be interesting , educational, and down right funny and i promise no names or brands of sleds to keep it fair. so i'll post up tomorrow.

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for this to fire up.

ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpg

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
o.k. its the next day now let the stories begin, oh ya throw a few names out there for us, just to personalize it a bit....:beer:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
car guys have the best customer stories, maybe we should share a few of them!!

yes that is the truth, some people probably wouldnt even believe half of them, there should be a sitcom about the sales floor, lets just say its a interesting place with some interesting people with too much time some days..
lmfao just thinking about it..

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you think that the sales floor is where all the laughs are come to the oilpatch, "we need ten guy tomorrow" always on a friday afternoon were do the oil companies think your gonna pull them from.........:kissass::hmm:

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, my first one will set the tone hopefully, for the last 28 xmas'. i'd get choked at people wanting parts just before xmas, and you know it's life or death:rant: if the sled isn't running for xmas and boxing day with the family. well, i must confess to the masses that on the morning of xmas, the rewind spring broke in the kitty kat that i got for the grandkids, and i robbed the rewind spring out of the whipper snipper jerry rigged so it would sorta work, meanwhile, i caught myself :eek:thinking who could i call on x-mas day morning with a rewind assembly sitting around that i could buy. i shamelessly was no better and it's true there is no greater feeling than sledding on a snowy day:d. so now i try to keep up the best i can.

tomorrow's story will be a ingenuity story

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ingenuity story, true story, i bought this old 75 tnt 340, years ago from a old timer up north, started parting it out, no big deal, pull off parts as requested, had a fellow stop by and wanted the rear skid, zipped off the 4 suspension bolts, yanked that old 124 skid out on the floor and here i saw true grit and determination, somebody had broken a rail, so instead of getting another rail, they went an carved out a rail out of a piece of oak, drilled the holes for the brackets, and counter sunk some screws to hold hi-fax to the chunk of oak. it was truly a work of art, just goes to show ya, that guys have been macquivering sleds got a long time.

tomorrow, a real good lesson in buying a mod/altered stock sled.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't beleive someone would sell a rail they carved out of oak; that's something that should be kept on the garage wall and handed down generation to generation!

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i didn't sell it, and it got to the point most new guys can't relate to the cave man days of sledding, so i think it ended up in the fire pit. :( now i regret it. think i'll have to post some pics of other jerry rigged parts that have come thru here.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are ever going to buy a sled that is not in stock form and the guy that is selling the sled goes on about all the mod stuff, aftermarket parts or parts from other sleds, have him make up a list of all the add-on extras, cause after you fork over the money, take your new ride home and have to buy parts it is sometimes a nightmare for the guys on a parts counter to figure out what you have and how old some of the parts are to get you going and believe me i have had to be a parts houdini many a time to try an figure out what some people have.

well i'm leaving at 7:00 am friday for some "sled therapy" in revy for the week-end, catch ya on monday.

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the therapy...ride safe...and dont forget to take your medicine at the end of the day:beer::beer::beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are ever going to buy a sled that is not in stock form and the guy that is selling the sled goes on about all the mod stuff, aftermarket parts or parts from other sleds, have him make up a list of all the add-on extras, cause after you fork over the money, take your new ride home and have to buy parts it is sometimes a nightmare for the guys on a parts counter to figure out what you have and how old some of the parts are to get you going and believe me i have had to be a parts houdini many a time to try an figure out what some people have.

well i'm leaving at 7:00 am friday for some "sled therapy" in revy for the week-end, catch ya on monday.

You can always tell them to carve pistons out of oak I guess....

:D

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I guess thats why you wouldn't answer my calls...damn parts guys...never around when you need them and I had to buy yamalube for a skidoo.

Heres one from the customers side. Went to the Yamaha dealer in town. I walk in and the guy at the desk asks if he can help me. I said jokingly, "I know this is a yamaha shop but do you carry two stroke oil?", and he asked (seriously) "you mean like crank case oil?" :confused: I tried joking with him about the yamalube/skidoo thing but he never even cracked a smile. Maybe I'm not that funny.

At least when I go to Dewinton I get good conversation and a laugh.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess thats why you wouldn't answer my calls...damn parts guys...never around when you need them and I had to buy yamalube for a skidoo.

Heres one from the customers side. Went to the Yamaha dealer in town. I walk in and the guy at the desk asks if he can help me. I said jokingly, "I know this is a yamaha shop but do you carry two stroke oil?", and he asked (seriously) "you mean like crank case oil?" :confused: I tried joking with him about the yamalube/skidoo thing but he never even cracked a smile. Maybe I'm not that funny.

At least when I go to Dewinton I get good conversation and a laugh.

Another customers side - I was at Princess Auto this afternoon and this lady asks the air tools section kid (HE'S WORKING IN THE FREAKIN' AIR TOOLS SECTION FOLKS!!!!) if they have any air compressor oil (its on sale this week) - he kinda shrugs and says uninterested ...."uhhh. no...I don't think so." I'm looking at him and she happens to look at me so I say out loud to her, "Actually they do, its right here in the section he's working in." He kind of gives a look (you know the look) and walks away!! Doesn't even bother to help her even though I told him he had it on the shelf!!!!!!! So I run into her and her husband in the check out line and asked her if she found it, she says no, so I take them to the section and there is a full shelf of it!!! :mad:

I should have asked to see the manager and told him to remind his employees that the customers they are so uninterested in helping are the ones that pay their salaries. Truly, he was - A tool amongst the tools. :D

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didnt think this happened anymore, but it still does,.....

My sister brought her leased ford focus into the ford dealer near my place in north edmonton, (no names right) and they recommended the "level 5 service" (or whatever they call it) should be done because it was at 50k. So being a little nieve about cars, and concerned about meeting the needs of her lease, she agrees to have it done.

I get a call at work a couple days later, and she is upset that her oil change and service is nearly $600!!!!! So I head down there with her to pick up her car. They had every thing you can imagine on the invoice,....

Rad flush,........not done
Plugs and Wires.......not done
Tranny flush.......not done

There wasnt even smudge marks in the engine grime to show that they even touched the rad cap, plugs, or tranny pan,!!!!

The only thing I could see that was actually done was the oil change, and they charged extra for the oil and filter on top of the flat rate.

The service manager even argued with me to pay the bill, and he'd ensure everything was corrected and completed per the invoice.

Neadless to say, I pushed the invoice back across the desk and told him I wasn't paying a red cent for anything, and he could call me with any concerns. He never called. And I think about this story every time I drive down 97th street, ...oops, now you might know which dealer it is,... sorry

Top Bottom