Can-Am Trailing Arm Bearings

Shadlar

Reaction score
I need to change my rear trailing arm bearings on my '06 Outlander. Dealer wants $120 a side. Is there any jobber bearings available that anyone knows about? Also does anyone within a reasonable distance from Stony Plain have the socket required to do the job?

Thanks in advance.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SuperATV, paid 104 bucks for 2. Just got them yesterday. I believe they may be an advertiser on here. Otherwise go to SuperATV.com
and that is with all shipping and duties.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now you need that pricey little socket... i have seen these sockets in pretty bad shape already cause it can be a pita with all the red lockite on that bolt that needs that socket.. not sure of the price but can order it from can-am

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the socket and would be willing to lend it out. Im in onoway but im out of town working right now. I'll be home this weekend though. Gimme a text if you're interested
780-952-8119

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rainy Creek in Eckville sells aftermarket bearings for I think $50 per side. I have the socket here, I don't mind lending it out.

Shadlar

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. i was able to get bearings locally from Rapid Revolutions, and saved more than enough dough to buy the socket. Now that I have done mine, future ones should be way easier.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
performance tool w83010 1/2'' Dr. 4 lug Spindle nut wrench.... fits: 1982-1990 3/4 and 1 ton GM heavy duty truck; 1985-current 1/2 ton Ford f-series and full size bronco with DANA 28 fr axle;1985-1/2 to current Ford f-250HD; 1985-1/2 to current Ford f-350 4x4; DANA 50 IFS and model 60 monbeam other adjusting nut

thats what Dave is taking about i think...

Last edited:

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a propane hobby torch on the center shaft to heat it up and loosen the locktite.If you do not have a torch, have fun! lol

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a propane hobby torch on the center shaft to heat it up and loosen the locktite.If you do not have a torch, have fun! lol

My Blue Point 1/2" impact wouldn't break the lock nuts loose. I put my 3/4" impact to it, but twisted the adaptor off. After welding the adaptor to the socket, and throwing heat to the nut, it finally broke free. What a pain in the d!ck.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Blue Point 1/2" impact wouldn't break the lock nuts loose. I put my 3/4" impact to it, but twisted the adaptor off. After welding the adaptor to the socket, and throwing heat to the nut, it finally broke free. What a pain in the d!ck.
Which nuts are we talking about? the Nyloc ones? figured the torch would work on the loctite.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which nuts are we talking about? the Nyloc ones? figured the torch would work on the loctite.

Nope, the nyloc nuts come off like nothing...it's the large hub retainer nut in behind that can be (not always) trouble.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have it apart and it turns out the bearings are in worse shape than I thought, now I have to get the bearings out from the arm. They are quite rusted, so I have put some deep creep on the bearing sides. I used my 12 ton press and it is not even budging. I have tried using a propane torch and tapping around the side of the housing, no dice. Any one have a thought? I am using a 2 in trailer ball to use as a push.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen guys do it with a welder. Run a small bead around the inside if the outter bearing race. When it cools it will contract and shrink the bearing.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good Idea I had forgotten about that trick. I did manage to get it out by leaving it overnight with sea foam deep creep and pressure. Of course now I see that my wheel bearings are toast too. It just never ends!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
good Idea I had forgotten about that trick. I did manage to get it out by leaving it overnight with sea foam deep creep and pressure. Of course now I see that my wheel bearings are toast too. It just never ends!

You're just too hard on chit Kelly

Top Bottom