Can-Am Renegade

dragn

Reaction score
Hey so im looking into the market to buy a renegade and wanted to hear what people think about them. Please tell me their pros amd cons like what there main problem is or what they have above other brands

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never rode one before but rode with them and they go like a raped ape! I want to see the 1000 that thing must be nuts. But you get super dirty on them, that's not always fun.

dragn

Reaction score
I drive a wolverine same problem with mud but i dont care i just through one sum mud pant and a shirt jacket

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to stay clean...stay home. I have fender extensions on mine, but they don't do a lot of good. Storage isn't a problem...I run a Kimpex rear rack with a small box. Coming off a Wolverine, you'll probably wet your drawers a little at first.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind getting dirty and the lack of storage, you'll love it, I had a blast all last summer with mine but got tired of the lack of storage and the fact that your covered in mud in the first 10 minutes.

As for issues, there really wasn't any, I had a few electrical problems with mine but they were fixed under warranty.
I'd also go with the power stearing, the rene was my first quad with it and I'll never go back.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can afford it get the better suspension. XXC I think???? The regualr suspension isnt the best. Not bad but not great. Other then that it is a good quad.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:DThey are wicked,had a 2009.......I would REALLY recommend a 2010 with power steering though.Once you put offset rims(or spacers) on ,which you have too with bigger mud tires,the steering becomes pretty brutal. Also QE front diff is MUCH better on the 10`s..... Also the extras add up,so try and get one with tires /skids/winch...etc..
Wicked quad,super quality and did i say fast............
Do NOT listen to Daveb,he is so Polaris brand loyal it makes me see yellow sometimes..........He simply can`t get over most people hate Polaris...............

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt buy an older one. Buy one that is new or only 1 or 2 years old. Lots of changes for the better.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
the newer ones have lots of updates (updated waterpump, powersteering, bigger stator, more POWER, stronger frame what can-am says anyway) and i can go on.

i have had my 07 since jan07 and hes been great... normal wear and tear. all the issues have been my fault. if your lookin at a older gade watching the weeping hole and check the frame otherwise you should be fine.

dragn

Reaction score
Ya thanks everyone, but now I'm just having trouble selling my quad really sucks. Guy offered to buy it so I gave him a bit high price as I no people like to talk people down on price he regected it so I sent him what I thought was a decent price sence it has 4 years of warranty on it ($5500) but nothing he won't even reply so anyone on here no anyone who wants one help a buddy out

i ford i

Reaction score
I am a fan of the renegade,

Honestly, I had my eye on the new xxc and was going to buy it, but when I walked into the dealer I decided to get the outlander XMR, but if the outlander with the XMR package didn't exist, It would be no contest for me toward the renegade. That and the fact I know my life expectancy drops exponentially if I had bought a renegade.

Cheers.

Top Bottom