Can Am Commander 1000 W/Tracks Blowing Belts

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck finding clutching or replacement clutches for the Commander 1000 with tracks? We have two of these at work and arent having luck keeping belts on. I've heard replacing the primary with a Quad Shop Customs one helps. Any other idea's? Dalton makes kits but it sounds like they still dont grab the belt well enough at low speeds.
yqu8yvu4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Stupid question, but are you running these things in low gear or high gear? and yes it makes a difference

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Low gear ...lots of weight and torque needed to turn them lots riding on that belt

Sent from god knows where....

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X3 low gear! Maybe snorkel the belt intake to the out side so it gets nice cool air.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
STM makes billet primary and secondary clutches for the commander, lots of the mud guys go to them instead of running the stock clutches

Airdam does extensive mods to the stock clutches too

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Needs more overdrive also, with tracks you're turning alot more rpm all the time thus creating more heat in the belt.

straightshooter

Reaction score
Heat kills belts proven fact... Get that unit so it's sucking cold air into the clutch. If you can lower clutch temps by ten degrees you will notice better belt life.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sold my commander with tatou utv tracks and never really had a problem with belts, the clutches were all stock, the only thing I did was add a second cvt intake with a blower taht I put behind the glove box. I just added a Y in the cvt inlet and that way there was lots of air getting in there. Heat destroys belt plain and simple!

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also I am just looking at your picture and it looks like the CVT inlet is covered by the cab window right above the commander XT logo , is there air getting in there some how?

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also I am just looking at your picture and it looks like the CVT inlet is covered by the cab window right above the commander XT logo , is there air getting in there some how?

Wow ..Good eye!!!, I bet that is exactly what the problem is..... lack of air to CVT

Top Bottom