Can Am 800 Transmission Shifter Out of Line

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seem to have knocked the shifter out of line. I think what happened is that I trailered it in Park and I must have put some pressure on it after I put it in park. Anyway, while it will go into low gear and park, the display does not show that and it won't start when in park unless I squeeze the brake lever. Not a huge deal, more annoying that anything. Anyone know if there is a quick fix for this?

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very easy fix.... Take your plastic off and adjust the linkage or straighten the beny bracket. Happens to me every time I roll my quad.
Haha, "every time I roll my quad" I'll have to try to avoid that.

Thanks.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very easy fix.... Take your plastic off and adjust the linkage or straighten the beny bracket. Happens to me every time I roll my quad.
Hmmmm....seems to me there might be a guy with a helmet cam vid of another guy on a red 800 Canned Ham rolled over on a long flat pipeline with a little snow on it.....hahahaha

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Hmmmm....seems to me there might be a guy with a helmet cam vid of another guy on a red 800 Canned Ham rolled over on a long flat pipeline with a little snow on it.....hahahaha

That don't surprise me. Those can-ams Handle terrible at WOT... Pretty sure that guy had no trouble shifting it after that but I bet he finished the day out with bent handle bars.

Top Bottom