can am 1000xt noob question

emeldahay

Reaction score
Hi

My new property has horse trails- there is around 8 acres of forest and 13 acres of flat ground -

Question - Will a side by side be OK or is it going to be too wide?

Will I regret getting a side by side and think I wanted an ATV? ATV was my first thought but Im now interested in side by sides.

I haven't ATV`d before FWIW.

Any advice?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

My new property has horse trails- there is around 8 acres of forest and 13 acres of flat ground -

Will I regret getting a side by side and think I wanted an ATV? ATV was my first thought but Im now interested in side by sides.

Any advice?

Depends how wide the trails are.

sent from my android

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With a side by side you can carry a chainsaw in the box. If there's any narrow spots just take out the chainsaw and you will not have an issue with being to wide :d

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

Any advice?

I wouldn't base a purchase like this on how it would do on 21 acres, as it will not take long to tire of driving in a circle. I would base it on where else and what you are going to use it for.
Personnaly I like the SXS's, more uses and more comfortable to operate, and showing up quads is fun also. :d

emeldahay

Reaction score
hard to go back to an ATV when youve been spoiled on a side by side!! like said above, depends how wide the trails are really.

Thanks - how did it spoil you? What is it about atvs that the side by side got right?

Im was thinking a 2up ATV.

Top Bottom