camping and riding out west camprounds

des95yj

Reaction score
is any one going to be camping in the area this weekend as the family and myself will be there on thrusday till monday and would like to hook up with some one to go riding with
we are riding a 2009 prowler side by side 700 efi
we will be at the out west camp ground and i drive a dodge diesel 3500 white in colour lifted
thanks desmond

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live here :d

You out there all summer? We may come out next Tues/wed. We were out at Falls cr last weekend and was great, were thinking of the Northfork this time but if you wanna ride we could come there.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
You out there all summer? We may come out next Tues/wed. We were out at Falls cr last weekend and was great, were thinking of the Northfork this time but if you wanna ride we could come there.

I might be into a ride, not sure how busy I'll be fixing broken chit after the weekend. Where abouts up northfork do you go? Meadows?

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might be into a ride, not sure how busy I'll be fixing broken chit after the weekend. Where abouts up northfork do you go? Meadows?

Actually never been up there but here it's nice with lots of trails.

des95yj

Reaction score
Stay a little longer, we'll be out on Tues.

we would but i have this nasty habit its called work
have to get some time before fall as getting married sept 12 and taking two weeks off then to go wheeling out in bc at a lodge in northern bc as honeymoon ( wife to be idea ) cant go wrong with this one love to get dirty and not afraid of mud

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com

We were staying out at Prairie Creek last week, just left off the 752 at the Swan Lake turnoff. While we were looking at the Backroads book I noticed the North Fork RD and was telling hubby that next time we should take camper up there. Are there places to camp along there and are there good trails?. It is hard to tell really by looking at these maps. Thanks any info would be great. If it is a secret place and don't want to tell that is fine to, or you can PM me. Miranda

FyreRyder

Reaction score
is any one going to be camping in the area this weekend as the family and myself will be there on thrusday till monday and would like to hook up with some one to go riding with
we are riding a 2009 prowler side by side 700 efi
we will be at the out west camp ground and i drive a dodge diesel 3500 white in colour lifted
thanks desmond

Des,

We are dry camping around Prairie Creek. Heading out Thursday night with two trailers (till Sunday). If you don't have plans you are welcome to join us, otherwise we can meet on the trail. Curious to see what your Prowler will do since the new tires...
I'll PM you my cell number.

Chad...

des95yj

Reaction score
ok chad we will find you on thursday night of friday morning thanks again buddy see you there
desmond

des95yj

Reaction score
We were staying out at Prairie Creek last week, just left off the 752 at the Swan Lake turnoff. While we were looking at the Backroads book I noticed the North Fork RD and was telling hubby that next time we should take camper up there. Are there places to camp along there and are there good trails?. It is hard to tell really by looking at these maps. Thanks any info would be great. If it is a secret place and don't want to tell that is fine to, or you can PM me. Miranda

hello Miranda i couldent tell you anything about the north fork rd as i havent been in there for a few years
there is a nice place to camp by the river its not that far from main road but as for trails i couldent tell you.

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up the North Fork Road is Cabin Meadows. We stayed there last year. Large area, must have been 50 units there and everyone had their own space.

Quite a number of trails, some are pretty steep though.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
You can access the Sask Gap, Gap Lake, Ram look Out Tower and a few other points of interest from the Meadows Cabin area. The terrain I travel in there is xtreme to moderate. There is easier trails but I'm not familar with them. To the south you can travel along the old trout creek trail to the forks of the Ram River through what some of us locals call the "white elephant" Its steep country in there and you want to make sure your brakes are in good working order. I've been trapped in at the forks area for 3 days before due to flash high water, thankfully the old forks cabin was still in there at the time for shelter. I'm putting a trip together for mid september into the Forks area. We'll be "Fly camping" in there for 4 days. Basically what ever you can pack on your quad is your means to survival. Good Luck.

des95yj

Reaction score
had a great weekend camped at outwest campgrounds a wonderful site
had a few breaks downs but everyone i went riding with helped me out
thanks to chad for helping me out saturday night
time to get rid of offset rims that is what caused my problems just to wide on side by side to much stress on front steering parts

Top Bottom