Campground recommendations please!

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So due to a recent situation change, we find ourselves looking for campsites this summer. We absolutely love Whistlers in Jasper, but it is booked solid till September. So I am turning to the S&M community, recommend some campgrounds! We are located in Whitecourt, looking to keep it within a few hours. Also, the Mrs loves her full hookups. Ok, so do I. And walking/hiking trails. We need to put at least 10km on the pooch every day or he is an absolute ringass.

So, lets hear it. Where is good?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's an app for all the Alberta campgrounds and it also tells you what services they have at the facilities. I was impressed with the App myself.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think you'll like it Lenny

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whistler is one our favourites as well but...
Gregg lake in hinton
Mount kidd in kananaskis
All time favourite is canyon rv in radium

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whistler is one our favourites as well but...
Gregg lake in hinton
Mount kidd in kananaskis
All time favourite is canyon rv in radium
Canyon is a nice trailer park, but camping... come on. If you have full hookups, paved roads, and can walk to the grocery store its not camping.

I don't understand why someone would pull an rv all the way out here to park in town. Why not rent a condo.... there's about 6000 for rent

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scenery something about driving through the valley and the last rock formation feel like going into a different world...the river to drown out campground noise when i have a crown and coke by the fire...and the hot springs not the ones in town the ones up on mountain

we think the same way when someone drive all the way here to go to west edmonton mall..and doesnt really feel like your in town cause of being way down in the valley...

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hardly do any full service camping trips Lenny, but there are great non serviced provincial campgrounds in our area. Just buy a generator for the Mrs lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hardly do any full service camping trips Lenny, but there are great non serviced provincial campgrounds in our area. Just buy a generator for the Mrs lol.

Definitely beautiful country for sure. The generator isn't the problem, its the water. I would have to dump tanks AT LEAST every other day.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't expecting water to be the issue, lol.
There is the east of Edson Rv Park it is east of town. There is a new one by the rosevear ferry turnoff on the bear lake highway. The koa in Hinton.
Truthfully bud I've never had full hookups around home can't tell you if they are any good but there is one way to find out. Oh you can buy extra portable holding tanks as well.

If your looking in the turner valley area I've stayed at the lions campgrounds in okotoks and black diamond. I do recommend those, I stayed at the riverbend campground just outside of okotoks. It's on the sheep river. I really like it we had a site the backed onto the river.

Last edited:
Top Bottom