Camper Project

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's looking really good. Nice little rig you got there.

Great job, is that cutie ever awake, lol

Thanks guys! haha Bailey's predominate activities include sleeping, napping and lounging but does enjoy a good swim, play with her friends or trying to get my cat to play with her, lol.

18671112_10158730314870111_4023219696308397162_n.jpg

Well I only had 4 things left to do inside the trailer. Then this am I went inside to measure a few things and my roof vent is broken. I suspect that a ball hit it since I parked near a busy park by my house. So 5 things left to do inside, 2 things outside, trouble shoot the fridge, get a propane tank and start up the furnace and everything then load the trailer up! I think a generator purchase is in my near future. Thinking of a Honda...

IMG_0990.JPG

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if you do the apolstry yourself or hire someone for the sewing jobs?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's looking really good. Nice little rig you got there.

Just wondering if you do the apolstry yourself or hire someone for the sewing jobs?

I bought the fabric and brought it to a place. I cannot sew, it is a skill I do not have patience for. If you need the name of the place I used PM me. Very reasonable rates and they did an amazing job.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the fabric and brought it to a place. I cannot sew, it is a skill I do not have patience for. If you need the name of the place I used PM me. Very reasonable rates and they did an amazing job.

Was just wondering, was going to comment on a good job, still a good job though. Great project

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't over look Solar. For the price of a decent 2000 watt invert/gen you can do a very nice solar setup and once installed its more of a install and forget type of product.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've picked up a few gently used generators on kijiii and it's also nice to have backup at home in case of power outage. You just want one to charge the batteries?

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just took the time to go through the thread. Very nice project that is nicely executed. Do some checking around for different exterior finishes. It would be a shame to retain the exterior in the current state when you have done such a great job on the interior

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't over look Solar. For the price of a decent 2000 watt invert/gen you can do a very nice solar setup and once installed its more of a install and forget type of product.

The camper has no batteries so doing a solar set up would end up costing me more than a generator. I have a line on a low hours Yamaha 3000 generator for a good price I'm going to look at tonight. If I could afford to do both I would but at this point I think the generator is my best bet. I also am mentally challenged when it comes to electrical.

I've picked up a few gently used generators on kijiii and it's also nice to have backup at home in case of power outage. You just want one to charge the batteries?

I just want one to be able to run the furnace and lights when I need. The camper itself has no batteries.

Just took the time to go through the thread. Very nice project that is nicely executed. Do some checking around for different exterior finishes. It would be a shame to retain the exterior in the current state when you have done such a great job on the interior

Thank you! I did some work on the exterior this weekend. I do want to paint the camper too, but at this point I'm kind of sick of painting and want to use the thing, hahaha.

Last edited:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finishing up the inside took a lot longer than I thought, then I painted the wood on the outside so I'm calling it done. This week I'll be looking at the fridge. Going camping this weekend regardless, I need a break from working on it and just enjoy it for a moment. No clue why my pics keep coming out sideways, not sure how to fix it either.

Had a cover for the stove made so it gives me some more counter space.

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you have AC a 2000 watt Gen is plenty and lots cheaper. A 3000 is nicer but not really needed unless you are buying for the future. My 2c.... Hard to beat a honda 2000

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you have AC a 2000 watt Gen is plenty and lots cheaper. A 3000 is nicer but not really needed unless you are buying for the future. My 2c.... Hard to beat a honda 2000

I have a old Honda generator I could sell its a 2000. It was used at the farm for back up and for a couple camping trips. So the run hours are very low. Not sure what is worth though.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm kind of buying for the future as well. I've been looking at small AC units to put into the camper. From all the work I've put into it I know it gets hot as eff in there mid day, lol. I know Honda's are the name for small engines but at this price I'm saving at least a grand from buying new.

I have a old Honda generator I could sell its a 2000. It was used at the farm for back up and for a couple camping trips. So the run hours are very low. Not sure what is worth though.

Thank you but I think I'll stick this route. it's a 2015/2016 Yamaha generator with 12hrs on it for a good price.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We have a Yamaha 3000 up at our cabin. They are heavy to move around. You would never lift it up onto your trailer. A small 1000 would do what you need and be way easier to handle. Good deal from Trashy but still to big to handle.
Really like your builds over the last few years. Nice to see someone working on taking something a little older and pimping it up to suit their needs.
Keep up the good work

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a Yamaha 3000 up at our cabin. They are heavy to move around. You would never lift it up onto your trailer. A small 1000 would do what you need and be way easier to handle. Good deal from Trashy but still to big to handle.
Really like your builds over the last few years. Nice to see someone working on taking something a little older and pimping it up to suit their needs.
Keep up the good work

I'm thinking of building a box on the front of the trailer to house the generator in full time. I'm going to look at it tonight and see if I can muscle it around. If not I might have to go another route. My biggest problem is being 5'4 and having a hard time lifting heavy things as tall as that trailer haha. Could be entertaining. But if it will work in front in a box then I'd only have to lift it once!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Keep up the good work

you should take your old truck camper to her Glen, maybe she can work some magic on it for you.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the generator could fit here in a box.

View attachment 205360

if you're going to do that Krista, have your welder buddy fab up a box for you and weld it to the frame of the trailer, and make sure its SUPER lockable.... that way theft is less of a concern.

Top Bottom