finger trap.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At $25 Million its the biggest waste of money this city has ever invested into

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I completely agree. Having a debate with a friend who lives downtown and he says its a "much needed" pedestrian bridge and that I don't walk to work so I can't understand. I told him no I don't walk to work but if I did I sure could walk my @$$ the 100m or less to the right

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then that friend is an idiot :)

• Three other pedestrian bridges already exist just 275m West, 400m West, and 900m East from its location. The Peace Bridge is the only bridge to provide dedicated bicycle lanes crossing the Bow river.
  • The design was awarded with "no bids".
  • The design was awarded to a foreign firm.
  • The $24.5M bridge is being constructed during a year when the city has a $60M deficit. Despite the price tag, the Peace Bridge has a lower cost per area than similar length pedestrian/cycle bridges.
  • Toronto's Puente de Luz pedestrian bridge is designed with a similar look but a lower $8M overall cost
  • the Calatrava bridge extends to the north bank of the Bow River, but fails to extend over the busy arterial road of Memorial Drive, thereby requiring Calgarians to cross at a level crossing with its inherent dangers and impediments to traffic flow.
  • the Calatrava Bridge was renamed the "Peace Bridge"; a retronym imposed by City Council to quell prolonged public criticism over the design, irregular bidding process, high cost, and undemonstrated need for a pedestrian bridge within sight of 3 others
And I know the guy who did the glass for the bridge...The City has no idea how they plan to wash the exterior of the glass when pigeons crap all over it

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
and i know the guy who did the glass for the bridge...the city has no idea how they plan to wash the exterior of the glass when pigeons crap all over it

and i hope the pigeons doo poop all over the glass on that bridge........

If it was so desperately needed, then why didn't they just lay down a big ole culvert and fill in the bottom with concrete....... Estimated $1 million??? Only $24 million cheaper than the "peace" bridge.

Jus' sayin' :)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly! They could have built a bridge that was just as effective if not more so, for a lot less. That $25mil would have been more effectively used for snow removal, public transport, education...pretty much anything other than this eye sore...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
exactly! They could have built a bridge that was just as effective if not more so, for a lot less. That $25mil would have been more effectively used for snow removal, public transport, education...pretty much anything other than this eye sore...

hmmmmmmmmmmm, rowdy for mayor??

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! that is uuuugly! What the heck is it?!

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whitemud and Fox Drive. Try to not be distracted while driving by it!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few months old......I though at first it was some pile of junk not taken away yet. Wait it is, but it's not going anywhere.

The fawking retards who approved that BS need to have the cost taken out of their pay! That is the biggest waste of money i've ever seen.

By spending that kind of coin on that, it's the city saying "We have plenty of money to burn on useless crap".

Whoever did that is laughing all the way to the bank.......

I pass it atleast a few times a week and everytime it pisses me off my tax dollars when into that retarded a$$ thing.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think it was built and designed by a calgary architect, if i'm not mistaken....... Bastages are making us pay for their frickin' "peace out bridge"............. :) lol

He needs to be kicked in the nuts so hard for designing something so stupid. The glare off that thing is insane at the wrong time of day. Plus it's SO dahm ugly.

Top Bottom