Cadomin?

scareybanshee

Reaction score
My hubby used to frequently go quading in Cadomin, he took me once about 5 years ago and I LOVED it.....although we camped in about 3 feet of snow...it was still fun!
Last year we planned on goin up there again, but arrived in the dark and it seemed like the campsite was gone.....it looked like it was all turned into mining and a lot had changed....but again, it was really dark....we ended just going to Bruel.

Can anyone tell me what has changed in Cadomin in ...I guess the last 5 years???...lol.
Is the campsite still there? Is it still good quading?
We'd like to make another trip up there, it was our first "trip" together and has sentimental value...don't want to go back if it is all gone?

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it has changed a lot in the last 5 years. The Cheviot coal mine is now operational and has a haul road alongside of the public access road. this road restricts access to the areas to the west of the road except whitehorse creek.All areas to the east are still open. access to the mountain park staging area is still open and almost all areas are still accessable except to the west were there is active mining going on.

scareybanshee

Reaction score
Yes it has changed a lot in the last 5 years. The Cheviot coal mine is now operational and has a haul road alongside of the public access road. this road restricts access to the areas to the west of the road except whitehorse creek.All areas to the east are still open. access to the mountain park staging area is still open and almost all areas are still accessable except to the west were there is active mining going on.

Thanx, this sounds like it is still very much worth going back! Now I'm exited:D

Landrew

Reaction score
How much snow is up there right now. We go every year multiple times but not this early. I assume there is snow just wanted a recent ride report to see how much exactly?

Landrew

Reaction score
Whitehorse Creek is Horse friendly but not OHV rideable. I suppose you could park them and unload at the road which is right there and drive.

There is also a corral down a hard to find trail off the main trail to Crystal/Cardinal Falls. I have been there once and it is shown on the topo map I got for that area. It's in a very beautiful location over looking the river. Probaby a private build and it's nice to see that no-one has done any damage to it. It looked very clean and established/used. Hard to get to without getting taken there and even with the map is still hard to spot.
I can look at the map again and see.

Does anyone know how much snow is up there for bikes right now ie Cardinal and Ruby ??

Top Bottom