Cadomin bound

photoj

Reaction score
Heading to Cadimon, well east of there, in July and wondering if anyone knows how good the Foresty Trunk Rd. is. We live in Calgary and the pass two years we've gone through Edm. to meet up with family. This year I thought I'd head west of Rocky Mountain House and connect with said road. Sure looks it would shave off some distance but not to crazy about the abuse the 5th wheel will encounter with all the wash-board. Looks to be about 110 k from Nordegg to Coalspur. Thanks for any input.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The gravel road is generally well kept up, it is quite wide but it is still gravel. Turn your air conditioner onto recirc and you should keep most of the dust out.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the Pembina River Road that can really suck. We were up there last Sept and it was heavily washboarded coming from the North.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the last 2 years we have went to nordegg and noth on the trunk road the road has always been good (lucky maybe?) just dusty its about 70km to the cardinal river road (at the top of the north side of the brazeau river hill ) and then on throught the small boy camp watch for ditches dug in the road in the small boy camp

photoj

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, maybe I'll luck out and drive through just after its been graded.

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just checking if anyone knows the conditions around Cadomin. Water level mainly. Planning on going August long weekend.:beer:

Top Bottom